Copying Shawn Putnam for this weeks practice thought... TAKE DEAD AIM!

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I'm left handed and I got to watch left handed Shawn Putnam really close up this past weekend and I got inspired watching him.

I want to copy the way he takes dead aim. Very slow and deliberate aiming practice strokes. His last aiming stroke is done very very slowly and you can see he is focusing extremely intensely on precisely where he wants the cb to go.

Practicing the slow practice/aim stroke helped me today. I need to slow down and focus. I get to going to fast.

Thanks Shawn. You did a great job running the tournament, winning the tournament and putting up with the woofing that was going on, all around you, at least part of the time. I thought you displayed an impressive bit of mental control to successfully fade all that was coming down.

We very much enjoyed your friend Jack as well. He's a fine player that must have been VERY good back when he was playing more.
 
JimS said:
I'm left handed and I got to watch left handed Shawn Putnam really close up this past weekend and I got inspired watching him.

I want to copy the way he takes dead aim. Very slow and deliberate aiming practice strokes. His last aiming stroke is done very very slowly and you can see he is focusing extremely intensely on precisely where he wants the cb to go.

I agree with you 100%. I think Shawn has the cleanest fundamentals around. I wish I had that stroke. I'm also left-handed so I love to watch how he plays his patterns.
 
shawn does have a great stroke and he's good to watch. and he has one of the coolest shooting faces around when he's beared down:

putnamprofilestq4.jpg


:D
 
Back
Top