Corey forfeits match with Martinez

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
because he showed up late. I wonder what they are going to show at BCN to replace this scheduled match-up.
 
f210 said:
because he showed up late. I wonder what they are going to show at BCN to replace this scheduled match-up.

I herd them say he would be back at quarter to 2
 
Tim-n-NM said:
I herd them say he would be back at quarter to 2

not the Corey/Martinez match because Martinez already won it by forfeit but perhaps another match.
 
In the past, I would have gone off on a rant about how Corey was too old to be doing stuff like this, and how if he is a champion, he will get enough sleep after gambling to show up to his matches.

Now, I look at it from Corey's perspective. Prize funds have been pretty much the same since the early 80's, and maybe since even earlier than that. Corey can match up in a game that his opponent cannot win for a few thousand, or maybe for more than a few thousand, and in a few hours, win more than any one person can win in the tournaments.

So, I kind of understand. Corey plays the tournaments as an additional chance at money, but they are not the main reason he is in Louisville.

If the prize funds were respectable enough for him to win a nice lifestyle off ten quality tournaments a year, I would think different, but as it is..

I can see why Corey would choose to sleep rather than show up for a match.

Russ
 
Back
Top