Corey getting roasted on Facebook

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your one of the clowns that can’t read words or understand context apparently.

I’m not a big fan of his but he’s crying at all lol he’s asking a simple question for opinions on so,ethi g that is being done else where. whats the big deal
He was being critical of amateurs last month (I was standing right next to him when he was saying it) for doing something that he is doing now. It's not a big deal, but it's worth mentioning. Why are you calling me a clown?

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
The best should play the best. If you're not one of the best anymore you should practice more or find easier pickings.
We want to see the best in our sport battle it out. This is not a "trophies for everyone" level of play.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey suggests seeding the top 5 Americans through the top side of the bracket, and the top 5 foreigners in the bottom side of the bracket. The separation in each half of the bracket ensures the best odds at seeing the highest level of talent in the later rounds, while also ensuring that at least 1 American will have a seat in the finals of the American hosted event.

that's a different thing than putting american players in one bracket and "international" players in another bracket though

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
that's a different thing than putting american players in one bracket and "international" players in another bracket though
This is Corey's post:

"What do players think about having international players get seeded into one side of bracket and Americans seeded to the other side. This would help for rankings. I've seen this done in other country's seems to work great. what you guys think???"

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
This is Corey's post:

"What do players think about having international players get seeded into one side of bracket and Americans seeded to the other side. This would help for rankings. I've seen this done in other country's seems to work great. what you guys think???"
I wonder how it would help rankings? It could certainly make a lesser player get a higher seed than they deserve. Is that what we really want from our sport?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is Corey's post:

yep. but there are only 10 american players over 770 fargorate, only 1 over 802 fargorate. meanwhile on the international scene there are almost 100 players over 770 and 27 players over 802. so those brackets would be lopsided af.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Corey suggests seeding the top 5 Americans through the top side of the bracket, and the top 5 foreigners in the bottom side of the bracket. The separation in each half of the bracket ensures the best odds at seeing the highest level of talent in the later rounds, while also ensuring that at least 1 American will have a seat in the finals of the American hosted event.
It would also ensure only 1 American could be in the hot seat match and most of the American bracket would be filled with dead $$$.

Sounds like a horrible idea, there wouldn't be a single match anybody would want to watch on the American side until a round before the hot seat.

All streaming for an American event would be of people who aren't from American because that half of the bracket would be WAY stronger than the American side.

Possibly the dumbest idea I've heard in a long time.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They could seed like tennis and constantly have the best players playing the worst in early rounds.

Tennis knows how to make and reward their star players...

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see a tournament series for advanced amateurs. Until this is done, pool only going to get so far. If you gotta give a game or two to different rankings, so be it. Make entry 500 or 1000 and let's get pool like poker.

I'd like to see some regular Joe getting 2 on the wire do something for once.

bradsh98

Silver Member
yep. but there are only 10 american players over 770 fargorate, only 1 over 802 fargorate. meanwhile on the international scene there are almost 100 players over 770 and 27 players over 802. so those brackets would be lopsided af.
How many of these high level foreign players actually travel to these American events? To think that this format will cause one side of the bracket to be significantly harder than the other is unrealistic.

Here is another of Corey's responses:
Corey Deuel
"All I'm saying is if 5 forieners seed them bottom top 5 usa top everyone else blind. Then u get usa vs world final...everyone likes to see that"

If it's only the top 5 Americans and top 5 Foreigners that are seeded, the rest of the bracket is still blind. There will still be potential for upsets, though this format could significantly boost the popularity of the elite few.

In order for a sport to grow, you need to have 'Stars'... Only us diehards know who the true 'Stars' are. Ask anyone from the general public who the best pool player in the world is... Chances are, they won't have a clue. Ask if they even know the name of any pool player, and the most common response: "The Black Widow".

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many of these high level foreign players actually travel to these American events? To think that this format will cause one side of the bracket to be significantly harder than the other is unrealistic.

Corey Deuel
"All I'm saying is if 5 forieners seed them bottom top 5 usa top everyone else blind. Then u get usa vs world final...everyone likes to see that"

If it's only the top 5 Americans and top 5 Foreigners that are seeded, the rest of the bracket is still blind. There will still be potential for upsets, though this format could significantly boost the popularity of the elite few.

In order for a sport to grow, you need to have 'Stars'... Only us diehards know who the true 'Stars' are. Ask anyone from the general public who the best pool player in the world is... Chances are, they won't have a clue. Ask if they even know the name of any pool player, and the most common response: "The Black Widow".
Guess you've never been to the Open or DCC. Quite a few come actually.

bradsh98

Silver Member
Guess you've never been to the Open or DCC. Quite a few come actually.
Those are the biggest events... That's not what Corey is talking about. He states on his post that those events should be straight up, blind draw.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are the biggest events... That's not what Corey is talking about. He states on his post that those events should be straight up, blind draw.
I'll take your word for it. Don't put much stock in the whining of pool players.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
They could seed like tennis and constantly have the best players playing the worst in early rounds.

Tennis knows how to make and reward their star players...
I wouldn't mind it if players weren't paying an entry fee, till then it seems "unfair" to ensure a great player doesn't play another great player in early rounds, but almost certainly guarantees a lesser player plays a great player out of the gate.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't mind it if players weren't paying an entry fee, till then it seems "unfair" to ensure a great player doesn't play another great player in early rounds, but almost certainly guarantees a lesser player plays a great player out of the gate.
Big time tennis makes TONS of $$$$$ off the gate and tv thus the seeding. Pool? Who gives a shit really. Who's watching?? Not enough to worry about. I say roll the dice and see what happens. My $.02, nothing more.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Corey Deuel

I'll take the top 10 players from other countries, you get the top 10 American players, how much you wanna bet per person/per game is the only remaining question

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Big time tennis makes TONS of $$$$$ off the gate and tv thus the seeding. Pool? Who gives a shit really. Who's watching?? Not enough to worry about. I say roll the dice and see what happens. My $.02, nothing more.
Tennis players don't pay an entry fee

bradsh98

Silver Member
I'll take the top 10 players from other countries, you get the top 10 American players, how much you wanna bet per person/per game is the only remaining question
I don't really care.. Perhaps the foreign players are better than American. That's not the point of the whole discussion. The point is to ensure that an American holds a spot in the finals.

I'm also not saying that I 100% agree. However, the premise makes sense, if considering how to grow the sport.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
W
Why would people enter an event like US Open 9 ball or international open if they KNEW they were drawing a champion first round and all the champions KNEW they wouldn't draw one? Blind draw is the only way UNTIL players don't pay an entry fee