Corner pocket miter angles

fat tony

Corners look a little weird. No?

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums
Weird, or pure genius. There's a fine line you know :)
Kidding aside, in the picture the corner pocket angles look too parallel, like the pocket doesn't open at all. IRL it does, and I'm chalking that down to the camera. It somehow does not give, well, a full picture if you like.

Weird, or pure genius. There's a fine line you know :)
Kidding aside, in the picture the corner pocket angles look too parallel, like the pocket doesn't open at all. IRL it does, and I'm chalking that down to the camera. It somehow does not give, well, a full picture if you like.
Well I am not trying to talk bad about it but the foot rail appears to be cut longer the the side rails. If you look at the pocket you can see how much further the foot rail extends into the pocket vs the side rail. That’s all I am saying.

fat tony

Well I am not trying to talk bad about it but the foot rail appears to be cut longer the the side rails. If you look at the pocket you can see how much further the foot rail extends into the pocket vs the side rail. That’s all I am saying.
I see what you mean. The 140 degree pocket jig that was lined up with the (bolted down and cross-measured) rail frame with a carpenter's square gave those cuts, so I could not really question them.

Edit: looking at it more closely, the left hand side corner piece is overlapping the rail wood, and not in the correct place, which explains your observation. It needs to be flush and a bit forward. Thanks for pointing this out, I'll correct it (y)

Last edited:
I see what you mean. The 140 degree pocket jig that was lined up with the (bolted down and cross-measured) rail frame with a carpenter's square gave those cuts, so I could not really question them.

Edit: looking at it more closely, the left hand side corner piece is overlapping the rail wood, and not in the correct place, which explains your observation. It needs to be flush and a bit forward. Thanks for pointing this out, I'll correct it (y)
Urea I understand. The angle may be right but the length is off. Probably much better than what it was but trust me it will play strange. I applaud the effort.