Cornhole championship on right now on CBS

middleofnowhere

Registered
Well the first thing that stands out, is it's on a major Network. The second thing I noticed is, I've been watching it for like 45 minutes and it's very watchable. I can easily see the average person watching this and enjoying it.

Objectively, I'm sorry I can't say that about pool. Even pool players in many cases don't care about watching pool just ask anybody who's ever put on a tournament.

I always read on here how people make fun of the cornhole tournament saying "how can this be on TV and not pool". After watching it for a little bit I can see why, it's fun to watch and pretty good sponsorship.

It's easy to understand and anybody can buy this equipment and play in their backyard for a few hundred dollars. Or for that matter build their own. That's probably what makes it so popular is it's so easy to get involved in.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Well the first thing that stands out, is it's on a major Network. The second thing I noticed is, I've been watching it for like 45 minutes and it's very watchable. I can easily see the average person watching this and enjoying it.

Objectively, I'm sorry I can't say that about pool. Even pool players in many cases don't care about watching pool just ask anybody who's ever put on a tournament.

I always read on here how people make fun of the cornhole tournament saying "how can this be on TV and not pool". After watching it for a little bit I can see why, it's fun to watch and pretty good sponsorship.

It's easy to understand and anybody can buy this equipment and play in their backyard for a few hundred dollars. Or for that matter build their own. That's probably what makes it so popular is it's so easy to get involved in.
I choose neither...but then again I'll watch golf.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

middleofnowhere

Registered
I choose neither...but then again I'll watch golf.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Golf is another thing that's watchable. You don't even have to play. I would bet if there was a pole of the people watching golf a majority either play very very infrequently or not at all. But they still enjoy watching. Again that can't be said about pool.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So I watched some cornhole on YouTube. When you watch to the pro level and the people are throwing all 3 pointers and the teams do not score for 2 or 3 or 4 rounds it does get a bit boring. The way cornhole is scored is if I throw a bag in the hole it is worth 3 points. But if my opponent also throws a bag in the hole the scores cancel out.

middleofnowhere

Registered
So I watched some cornhole on YouTube. When you watch to the pro level and the people are throwing all 3 pointers and the teams do not score for 2 or 3 or 4 rounds it does get a bit boring. The way cornhole is scored is if I throw a bag in the hole it is worth 3 points. But if my opponent also throws a bag in the hole the scores cancel out.
Yeah after watching a while I had to look up to see how the scoring was done I couldn't figure it out just by watching for a few minutes.

Amazing thing is is how good these people are they had one woman there she threw like 38 out of 39 in the hole.

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah after watching a while I had to look up to see how the scoring was done I couldn't figure it out just by watching for a few minutes.

Amazing thing is is how good these people are they had one woman there she threw like 38 out of 39 in the hole.

“That’s because they play on those silly little boards with 6 inch hole. They need to upgrade to 4x8 boards with 3.5 inch holes. How can anyone take them seriously on that equipment?” said some cornhole player whose name rhymes with burl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The real question is how do we fix corn hole?! Gotta tighten up the corn hole, move the throw line back! Corn hole is broken and it seems like none cares.

Sorry, I think I wandered into the wrong thread.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The real question is how do we fix corn hole?! Gotta tighten up the corn hole, move the throw line back! Corn hole is broken and it seems like none cares.

Sorry, I think I wandered into the wrong thread.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Do you really think it is broken?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you aim? Center-of-bag to edge-of-cornhole?? Are there low-deflection bags?? Is there action as in gambling? Are there 'road-holers'??

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you aim? Center-of-bag to edge-of-cornhole?? Are there low-deflection bags?? Is there action as in gambling? Are there 'road-holers'??

You throw it not really sure how to explain it. No low deflection bags. The one cornhole thing I went to had a weekly tournament with a cash prize. No road holers.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other than the OP, who is always lost and Cowboy Obvious, we have one poster that thinks this is serious.

Surprised heshe hasn't suggested to fix it, put fur around the holes.
If this truely is not serious should this not be in NPR or national public radio?