Yep, in about six more weeks (give or take) I'm done with league play. Just gettin' tired of it after six straight years without a break. I just can't fade the APA LO I have in my area, the bad sportsmanship/etiquette in my two APA leagues and my BCA league is a 26 mile (one way) drive to play four games that takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to play. I need a break. I want my life back. FTR, no sour grapes from a losing team captain. The two teams I am the captain of (BCA 8-ball, and APA 9-ball) are BOTH in first place right now. The APA 8-ball team I co-captain is in second place. I'm just ready to move on to different things. I want to play in some mid-week tournaments. I want to play more 1-pocket (learning it). I want to get my bass boat out more this year, spend more time with family and things of this nature. Spend less time in smoky bars.
I will say this, and I am NOT bashing the APA in any way. The APA League Operator in my area has been the primary reason for my declining interest in continuing league play. His total disrespect for the National rules and his arrogance towards people coupled with his stupidity and lack of "people skills" has pushed me to the brink of total frustration. I envy those in league that have and enjoy the benefits of a good LO. APA has been an experience for sure, and I wouldn't trade my time in it for anything. It's just time for me to move on and get happy again. As for my BCA league, love the format, love the people in the league (even the LO). In three years in it, I have not had ONE SINGLE INCIDENT concerning sportsmanship/etiquette, rules disputes, improper behavior. It has been great. If it were closer to home and had 5-man teams instead of 4-man teams, I would definitely consider staying in it (and probably would).
So...farewell leagues. I'm off to a new and better (hopefully) life!!!
Maniac
I will say this, and I am NOT bashing the APA in any way. The APA League Operator in my area has been the primary reason for my declining interest in continuing league play. His total disrespect for the National rules and his arrogance towards people coupled with his stupidity and lack of "people skills" has pushed me to the brink of total frustration. I envy those in league that have and enjoy the benefits of a good LO. APA has been an experience for sure, and I wouldn't trade my time in it for anything. It's just time for me to move on and get happy again. As for my BCA league, love the format, love the people in the league (even the LO). In three years in it, I have not had ONE SINGLE INCIDENT concerning sportsmanship/etiquette, rules disputes, improper behavior. It has been great. If it were closer to home and had 5-man teams instead of 4-man teams, I would definitely consider staying in it (and probably would).
So...farewell leagues. I'm off to a new and better (hopefully) life!!!
Maniac