Cowboy Jimmy Moore - Obviously Using Center to Edge

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Come on, Petey, you're backing away from your first explanation of why you regret seeing Stan do the video on CTE (you feel you deserve to make some money from giving private lessons), and your second explanation (posted above) makes little sense.

A system cannot be copyrighted, therefore no one person can own it. And if Hal didn't want it out for the world to view, why did he put some of the information about it in public forums? And if he gave away full information to anyone by phone or in person, why would he care if someone else came up with a comprehensive explanation and put it in a public forum?

Something isn't adding up here. Yet.

Roger

Roger
Did spidey answer your question,or does that not not make sense to you either

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Come on, Petey, you're backing away from your first explanation of why you regret seeing Stan do the video on CTE (you feel you deserve to make some money from giving private lessons), and your second explanation (posted above) makes little sense.

A system cannot be copyrighted, therefore no one person can own it. And if Hal didn't want it out for the world to view, why did he put some of the information about it in public forums? And if he gave away full information to anyone by phone or in person, why would he care if someone else came up with a comprehensive explanation and put it in a public forum?

Something isn't adding up here. Yet.

Roger

It goes hand in hand with my original post

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes,I can see the benefit in this.Everybody we have the perfect system .Forget cte

Exactly. It's really just hand-eye coordination; having some understanding the physics involved with squirt, swerve, throw, english, elevation, speed, and spin, and then hours of practice learning how they all interact on the table. It's hard work and consistency, unless you're just a savant.

But the CTE crowd wants to claim they have a shortcut and shroud the whole thing in a mystical aura. It's for the people that don't want to do the road work and reps.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put the pieces together Lou. Bank your way, play safe your way, CTE straight ins center pocket. Efren take you on road with him.

I have other fish to fry.

I just play pool a few hours a week for fun and relaxation.

Lou Figueroa

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Hal never wanted his info on the forums because, understandably, he couldn't hack many of those who frequently the forums and it made him physically sick to think he would improve their ability to play.... and that's that.

Way back when, on Billiards Digest forum CCB, I posted about the Arrow device there. I got a PM from Hal Houle that was very rude blasting this device as useless and could not help with anyone game.

Now, this is a device designed by one the the greats in the pool world and a memeber of the Hall of Fame and not some bullshit(sorry, been watching Penn & Teller) from someone who can not explain his on system and no one else can. This bullshit has been going on for over 5 years and there is nothing that will prove CTE is of any value long term. If Hal Houle never wanted it on the web, he should of kept his month shut.

Do a Google on Hal Houle. It seems he has a history of being rude in regards in anything that points out the weakness of CTE. Kinda like the current cult followers of CTE. He even told Johnny Archer to fess up that Archer uses CTE and Archer denies it, stating that he uses his on system.
From Archers Website

"When players write to you, asking how to aim, your pat answer is to say that you get three feet back from the shot, then you shoot parallel lines. That is all hogwash. That is not how you aim. Why don't you level with these recreational players? You use the aiming system whereby you aim the center of the cue ball at the edge of the object ball for any and all shots. You know exactly what I am talking about. We both know about placing the cue tip either left or right of cue ball center, and you know why we do that. Get honest for a change. These recreational players are no threat. Tell them the truth. - Hal Houle
I really don't know why you keep writing about my aiming system. Everybody that is listening, IT IS MY AIMING SYSTEM. I hope this would relieve some pressure that you have. Thanks, Johnny ".

This whole thread was started in a effort to validate CTE and guess what, it didn't.

Anyway, enjoy the kool-aid.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Talk about IRONY!
LOL!!!:D:D

I just did a google search of Hal Houle.

And i am scrolling down, looking over the results, and i see a "Hal Houle joins us as a teaching pro" from 2005.

So i click on it, and just start laughing.
It was a post from FAST LARRY.
LOL.

That is not to knock Hal or the aiming system at all.

I just found it funny, that of ALL people to endorse Hal as a teacher, a post by Fast Larry just happens to be the one i click on.

That's just too funny.

ThePoliteSniper

Fruitshop Owner
Silver Member
Way back when, on Billiards Digest forum CCB, I posted about the Arrow device there. I got a PM from Hal Houle that was very rude blasting this device as useless and could not help with anyone game.

Now, this is a device designed by one the the greats in the pool world and a memeber of the Hall of Fame and not some bullshit(sorry, been watching Penn & Teller) from someone who can not explain his on system and no one else can. This bullshit has been going on for over 5 years and there is nothing that will prove CTE is of any value long term. If Hal Houle never wanted it on the web, he should of kept his month shut.

Do a Google on Hal Houle. It seems he has a history of being rude in regards in anything that points out the weakness of CTE. Kinda like the current cult followers of CTE. He even told Johnny Archer to fess up that Archer uses CTE and Archer denies it, stating that he uses his on system.
From Archers Website

"When players write to you, asking how to aim, your pat answer is to say that you get three feet back from the shot, then you shoot parallel lines. That is all hogwash. That is not how you aim. Why don't you level with these recreational players? You use the aiming system whereby you aim the center of the cue ball at the edge of the object ball for any and all shots. You know exactly what I am talking about. We both know about placing the cue tip either left or right of cue ball center, and you know why we do that. Get honest for a change. These recreational players are no threat. Tell them the truth. - Hal Houle
I really don't know why you keep writing about my aiming system. Everybody that is listening, IT IS MY AIMING SYSTEM. I hope this would relieve some pressure that you have. Thanks, Johnny ".

This whole thread was started in a effort to validate CTE and guess what, it didn't.

Anyway, enjoy the kool-aid.

I believe there are some psyhological issues. For the CTE followers it isn't just a hypothesis that wants to be tested and validated, it is a fact to them, for several reasons. They hear about it from big figures like Hal and they find some good players that claim to use the system as well. If then they also feel they are hitting the brick wall in pool they will cling to this system believing it would be the holy grail.
It's undeniable that with CTE some players may raise their game to another level, because it can give them something they have not had before. A consistent routine, so they approach every shot the same way. Special knowledge that almost nobody else has, so they have the advantage. Confidence in their ability, because in their mind the system in unfallible. So all they have to do is CTEL, offset, pivot. It's so easy. And you can't discuss this with them. They are so sucked into this, that the system becomes the biggest feature of their game. So don't look at it logically and rather construct your own evidence for the mathematical correctness and validity of the system. Everytime someone points out an obvious problem and asks "how is this supposed to work", you don't get an answer. Never. They either tell you how close-minded you are, or they back up and want to keep the "secrets" secret (I know, there is a doc coming, that is supposed to answer all questions). The moment they question their system they lose their advantage in game.

Now I will wait patiently for the 70 pages of proof.

Last edited:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I do want to say that I have nothing against Stan,nor am I trying to impose anything ,I have nothing but respect for him.In case it sounded different.I am just not for publishing,that is as far as it goes

nashville14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
other players used "table pivot"

:smile:

Just my 2 cents worth here. There have been other good players who table pivoted, putting the tip waaay to the left and then magically delivering a normal stroke with good results. IMHO it had nothing to do with cte.
I played 2 of these guys here in Nashville tn back in the 80s just for the experience of of playing a player way out of my league.
One of these guys was 60+ yo and some held him to be the best in mid tenn. He pivoted on every shot. Tip was not at the left side but totally off the cueball. Impossible to pivot this far to the right, stick would bump the hip way before that. He said it was to make it impossible to steal his English.

The other guy did not play quite as strong but explained it to me a little. He pivoted only about half the time. He said it was called the “executive stroke” by the oldtimers and was used to “take the stick totally out of the picture”.

These guys played good to stong, but would not play Hopkins or Cannonball when they came into that pr.

I liked Mr Jewitt’s suggestion that it has to do with the dominant eye thing.

When I am having trouble which is most of the time, I pivot the stick far to the right, This is after I make my bridge, but before I put the stick on the bridge. During this time with the stick is totally out of my line of sight I am making sure of alignment of the dominant eye over the desired path of the cue. Then when I put the stick on the bridge the tip addresses the cueball normally.

About me: I have struggled to go from being a mediocre competitor to being an average or better one since 1960.
In that time I carefully watched nearly all of the top players, read dozens of books on pool etc. done all the drills. I have high runs of only a few racks of 14.1, nineball etc. I think my problem relates to dominant eye.

Cues:
No large mammals or reptiles were killed to make any of my cues.
Did Mosconi miss #527 because his did not have a wood to wood joint? No! it was clearly because the 4 points on the butt of his cue were not perfectly even.
Everyone knows how mushy those stainless steel joints are.
Hell, I put ‘em on my cheerios every morning and chew ‘em up and always 'em digest with no problem,
j