Crack the Rack as Hard as You Can

ok I tried it...

why are people pissed???

force your opponent to make a two rail kick as the first shot.... I LOVE it!!!

this break could actually make 10 ball a legitimate pool game... can you make the first shot?? and crack the rack???

you shouldn't ban it... you should encourage it
 
  • Like
Reactions: JAM
softshot said:
ok I tried it...

why are people pissed???

force your opponent to make a two rail kick as the first shot.... I LOVE it!!!

this break could actually make 10 ball a legitimate pool game... can you make the first shot?? and crack the rack???

you shouldn't ban it... you should encourage it

Thanks for the great review! This forum can be such a gread learning tool sometimes! If you have acquired something, a new strategy, that will improve your game, then this thread was worth its weight in gold! :)

JAM
 
if this does become a staple of the game I would suggest a change forcing the 1,2,3 balls to be at the corners of the rack...
 
softshot said:
if this does become a staple of the game I would suggest a change forcing the 1,2,3 balls to be at the corners of the rack...

Great suggestion. I think maybe you're onto something, and hopefully, the rule-makers will pay attention to this great strategy.

JAM
 
I'm pretty sure the F.P.T. already requires the one up front and then the 2 and 3 on the back corners in their 10-ball rules. That is how we rack it where I play at too:)
 
softshot said:
ok I tried it...

why are people pissed???

force your opponent to make a two rail kick as the first shot.... I LOVE it!!!

this break could actually make 10 ball a legitimate pool game... can you make the first shot?? and crack the rack???

you shouldn't ban it... you should encourage it


ok but if you are not allowed to do it in any tour why would you practice it?????????
seems like a waste of time
 
softshot said:
ok I tried it...

why are people pissed???

force your opponent to make a two rail kick as the first shot.... I LOVE it!!!

this break could actually make 10 ball a legitimate pool game... can you make the first shot?? and crack the rack???

you shouldn't ban it... you should encourage it

I too am all for the soft break. I don't use it because I don't know how to hit it and a medium hard break works better for me at this moment, but any strategy and forces your opponent into making tougher shots or to shoot out of his comfort zone I'm all for it. It makes the game more challenging and fun IMHO. Those that can adapt will adapt. Those that can't who cares?
 
softshot said:
ok I tried it...

why are people pissed???

force your opponent to make a two rail kick as the first shot.... I LOVE it!!!

this break could actually make 10 ball a legitimate pool game... can you make the first shot?? and crack the rack???

you shouldn't ban it... you should encourage it

When I said legitimate it was a bad choice of words ... what I meant was it could make 10 ball something more than just 9 ball with another ball..

I still think 10 ball will evolve into something entirely its own.. and that is a good thing.. and the growth of this new game should not be stifled by people too quick to change the rules..

10 ball is young... let it grow up..
 
Back
Top