CSI Supports Junior Players to 2010 BEF Junior National Championships

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
I was supposed to get this posted last week but the Vegas craziness and then work craziness when I got home postponed things a little bit. I would like to thank Mark Griffin for the opportunity to put together a group of kids to attend the Billiard Education Foundation Junior Nationals. We have opened this up to all parents or league operators that would like to nominate a person 19 years of age or younger for a chance to be picked to attend the Junior Nationals. If you are interested and/or have questions, feel free to contact me SarahR@playcsipool.com. Please return all nominations to the same email address.

Here is the original press release and question form. The deadline is June 1, 2010.

Thanks!

CueSports International Supporting Junior Players

CueSports International (CSI) would like to offer 12 North American young players a chance to compete in the Billiard Education Foundation (BEF) 2010 Junior National 9-Ball Championships, July 7-11, 2010 in DeKalb, Illinois.
The Junior Nationals is the premier junior event in North America where both boys and girls compete in the following categories: Boys 19 and Under, Girls 19 and Under, Boys 14 and Under, and Girls 14 and Under. The top finishers receive entry to the World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA) World Junior 9-Ball Championships (scheduled November 22-28, 2010 in Reno, Nevada), academic scholarships and prizes from tournament sponsors. For more information about the BEF please visit their website at www.billiardeducation.org.

CSI will pay the BEF membership fee, dinner banquet tickets, and the BEF junior welcome package for the 12 chosen participants.
Below is the number of young players in each category CSI would like to send to the Junior Nationals and the BEF age criteria for each of the four divisions:

· (4) Boys 19 and Under: The players must not turn 20 in 2010

· (4) Boys 14 and Under: The players must not turn 15 by July 7, 2010

· (2) Girls 14 and Under: The Players must not turn 15 by July 7, 2010

· (2) Girls 19 and Under: The players must not turn 20 in 2010

We ask you to nominate junior players as candidates to participate in the CSI program to the Junior Nationals.

It is not a requirement that the junior player be a member of a league. They can be a son or daughter of a league member or non-league member. CSI is looking for young players who are interested in pool; have a positive attitude; and love to compete.

Below is a form that we ask you complete for each nominee. It contains basic contact information and four short questions.

Please return the form to Sarah Rousey by emailing it to SarahR@playcsipool.com.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact Sarah at sarahr@playcsipool.com .

Remember, the young players are the future of our great sport! Nominate them today.

Nominee Information and Questionnaire

Name of Nominee: ____________________________Date of Birth: ___________Male or Female: ____

Address: _____________________________________________________________________________

City: _______________________________________ State: _____________ Zip Code: ______________

Country (U.S. or Canada):______________________________

Phone Number: _____________________________________

Email: _____________________________________________

Parent’s Name(s): ______________________________________________________________________

League Operator: ______________________________________________________________________

Number of Years Nominee Has Been Playing Pool: ___________

Nominee’s Favorite Game: _____________________

Dear Parent or League Operator, please complete the following four questions, sign and date the questionnaire prior to turning in the nomination form. If you need more room to answer any questions, please feel free to use a separate sheet of paper. We thank you for your participation and support of junior pool.

Why do you think this nominee should be chosen?

Do they actively participate in leagues or tournaments?

Have they traveled to the BEF Junior National Championships before?

Does the nominee have a good positive attitude?

Parent or League Operator Signature: _____________________________________________________

Parent or League Operator Printed Name: _________________________________________________

Date: ________________

Additional Comments:

JustinHayes

I'll need an Orange Crush
Silver Member
Sarah, I've just sent you an email in regard to my son Hunter Hayes (he is 15).

Thank you!

9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks

Thanks for this sarah, sent you Mannys app. He is 12 yrs old. H.P.