CTE and TOI

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't start this thread to discuss the efficacy of either system. I again ask if we could stay on the original subject of combinig aspects of TOI with CTE.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

My experience is that TOI is totally unneeded with CTE PRO ONE. An overcut is already built in.

Stan Shuffett

oldmanatc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand your point Stan and appreciate you taking the time to post. My goal is to find for myself a more definable and repeatable method for using english since im having difficulties with BHE particularly on longer shots. I had seen posts here and there that seemed to indicate some people had found ways to integrate both systems together and was hoping they would chime in.

Its not the 3 part pocket theory that I'm at this time looking to utilize. I can use through the 1/4 for that (thank you again for that helpful extra from the dvd).

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand your point Stan and appreciate you taking the time to post. My goal is to find for myself a more definable and repeatable method for using english since im having difficulties with BHE particularly on longer shots. I had seen posts here and there that seemed to indicate some people had found ways to integrate both systems together and was hoping they would chime in.

Its not the 3 part pocket theory that I'm at this time looking to utilize. I can use through the 1/4 for that (thank you again for that helpful extra from the dvd).

Concerning the visuals, your adjustments for any inside spin shots are practically ZERO
( visually) for medium to hard type shots. Softer shots do require minute visual adjustments.
CTE is very visually friendly to inside spin as well as outside spin.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

GoldenFlash

Banned
My experience is that TOI is totally unneeded with CTE PRO ONE. An overcut is already built in.
Stan Shuffett
All I can add to this is very simple.
Just do what Stan teaches in his instruction disks over and over and over and over and over. WITHOUT tinkering or adding little bits here and there.
Your game WILL improve....all facets of it.
Of course, the haters around here will never do that.
Flash

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
My goal is to find for myself a more definable and repeatable method for using english since im having difficulties with BHE particularly on longer shots. I had seen posts here and there that seemed to indicate some people had found ways to integrate both systems together and was hoping they would chime in.

TOI isn't a method to apply English so it won't help in your quest for using English.

It isn't an aiming system either but it can be used in the aiming process to more or less use the squirt from TOI to assist in aiming but more so to then "float" the CB after contact with the OB as opposed to running and spinning it off rails around the table from English.

If you used TOI alone without CTE you'd see for yourself what I'm describing regarding CB movement.

oldmanatc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I can add to this is very simple.
Just do what Stan teaches in his instruction disks over and over and over and over and over. WITHOUT tinkering or adding little bits here and there.
Your game WILL improve....all facets of it.
Of course, the haters around here will never do that.
Flash
I am very happy with where CTE has taken my game and have no intention of switching to any other method of aiming. I may have been mistaken in that I thought from some posts by othes there were ways to combine aspects of both systems.

I've just not been very consistent employing BHE and was hoping i could find a more concrete method of using parallel english other than HAMB.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well so far for shots that require a inside to out pivot, i just replace the pivot with a TOI . The amount varies based on how thin the cut is (duh). It'll take some practice. For thickening pivots I still havent found anything yet other than just TOI by itself to integrate the two systems.

The motivation behind this is two fold. I recently purchased a Z3 shaft and have been having problems with BHE do to the longer bridge length for BHE. Ironically inside english works better than it did with my old shaft, but outside is completely inconsistent. The other part of the fold is for whatever reason, I've found that parallel english just feels like a better stroke with easier follow through than BHE.

Yes, I've found that exchange on certain shots to work with TOI.

You can also use any aiming system, find your correct alignment, than get down on the shot with TOI. Or pivot slightly inside or outside after you find the shot line.

Best,
Mike