CTE Ressource available

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
Waiting for Stan's Book and Truth Serie to come out.. where can I go to learn CTE these day?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Go to youtube.com. Enter "Stan Shuffett" in the search box. Click the Search button or press enter.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

I think Stan has always said that’s not the “perception” - one of the reasons it’s obviously a subjective visual.

pj
chgo

Neither of these visuals is the perception, but the straight on view of ccb (of the "fixed" cb, as Stan calls it) from the position needed to see both visuals is what he calls the "perception".

Here is a great example: https://youtu.be/4iuvQT7dwfs?t=157s

And here is another that describes the "fixed" cb, which is what the cte visuals give you, and from this fixed cb view one must do a left or right pivot or sweep to arrive at the shot line. I'm not getting into the whole subjective-objective debate of it, just showing the best videos that explain what Stan is doing with the visuals, leading to a fixed cb perspective (or "perception" as he calls it), followed by a half tip pivot yo thin or thicken the shot.
https://youtu.be/2KwI_62Npos

I have to say, however, that anytime you look at the vertical center of the cb it is "fixed", regardless of where you stand or where you intend to send the cb. IOW, if you aim straight through ccb to the ob edge to produce a half ball hit, you position your body and stroke based on this single line from ccb to ob edge, and you get a specific view of the cb, a "fixed" view. If you move left or right or align your stroke along a different line through ccb, then you are no longer using the same fixed cb for a half ball hit. When Stan talks of using two visuals to get a fixed cb, you also get a specific view (perception) of the cb. And just like using one visual line (straight through ccb to a fixed point on the ob), if you move your body or vision left or right of the already fixed cb then you lose that specific view/perception you were trying to use in the first place.

Traditionally, a player approaches the cb from a pov that he feels is correct in order to send it into the ob so that the ob goes into a desired pocket. This is typically trial and error, and some people catch on quicker than others. If you know exactly where to line up, and can send the cb to where it needs to be every time to pocket a ball, then you don't need any aiming systems. With fractional aiming you have to know which fractional aim point is needed. Then you visualize the cb path and align your body and stroke to make it happen. With CTE you decide which visuals/perception will get you close to the shot line (not a straight one-line view of the shot line), and the two visuals are supposed to get your body positioned for the shot, in position to see a "fixed" cb that is very close to the actual shot line ("half a tip" thinner or thicker, according to Hal/Stan), so that coming in half a tip left or right of the fixed ccb view and then pivoting to a final ccb solution is supposed to put you directly on the shot line.

Last edited: