Cue Ball Action with Ivory Ferrule/Joint

Standbykid

Results or excuses?
Silver Member
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has gone to an ivory ferrule/joint combination from a different ferrule/joint combination and noticed a difference in their cue ball action. It seems like I don't get as much draw or follow with my ivory ferrule and joint, as I do my cues with different ferrules and joints.

Thanks,
-J
 
Had the same feeling with my ivory stick (an Arthur), could not put as much action on the cue ball as other sticks I owned. Was nice to have for a bit, but moved on to a cue stick with better feel for me.
 
It's more than likely all in your head or your stroke. With a good stroke you should be able to get action on the ball with a broomstick.

I've been playing with cues with ivory ferrules and joints for a while and frequently switch back and forth. I've never noticed a difference.
 
Ah.....and so it begins, the realization that ivory does nothing to enhance a cue's performance.
But make no mistake, it will enhance the hell out of your ego and vanity and after all, that's what pool and cues are all about, right?

Before anyone starts handing out the ammo, do yourself and everyone else a favor and count the number of pros that play with an ivory ferrule.
No one gets paid for 'showy' & 'flashy', unless of course you're a runway model.

I appreciate the OP's (and poster #2's) honesty. At the end of the day, the truth will set you free. Sometimes, sooner.
 
Back
Top