Cue ID: Meucci/ TAD/ Other????

lukeinva

Banned
TATE said:
Of course, Paul!

Some of the old cues were still in the experimental early stages. I think the history is far more important than the final appearance. In fact, most of these cues that are not quite right and hand done are more interesting than the perfectly machined counterparts we see today. I just picked up a pretty homely Eddie Laube cue that I think is fascinating historically.

By the way, Howard Vermillion was my friend growing up and we were pool shooting partners. Howard's family owned an aircraft machine shop here in Burbank (Howard still has it) and Howard learned the pantograph as a teenager. He was also a very good pool player. Howard did Bert's inlays as you know. When Bert was first making cues, he handed me a cue to try. The shaft went "boinngggg" like a diving board after every shot and I just handed it back and told him it was not too good.

He went on to become a great cue maker.

Chris

He probably became a great cuemaker just because you told him his stick sucked! :D

JimBo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
matthew staton said:
If i had one guess I would guess ADAMS cue. For some reason after looking at it i am thinking samsara. Ya got me it's to late at night for the brain to work ...

LOL LOL I never get bored reading how much this guy NO's about cues. LOL I love Matt Stanton, I wish he lived closer, hanging out with him would be an education.

Jim

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JimBo said:
LOL LOL I never get bored reading how much this guy NO's about cues. LOL I love Matt Stanton, I wish he lived closer, hanging out with him would be an education.

Jim
He will make love to you like the beautiful woman you are.

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
i'm not familiar with all tads but this doesn't look like one. did tad stain??? also, the photo doesn't show, but tad was not keen on very figured birdseye. he believed that diseased wood was not a good thing and too much figuring was to be avoided. the footballs in the points are a bit too radical for tad, imo. he's really rather conservative.

i think some are being fooled by the circle/square ring inlays.