Cue length question...............

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play golf and pool and i was just wondering if fitting a cue properly would be more like fitting clubs. In golf they take your height and arm length to make fitting adjustments. Would a persons height/arm-length come into play fitting a cue? Just seems like the standard 58" would fit most kinda like standard clubs but taller/shorter, long arms/short arms would make a big difference. Cuemaker thoughts?? Thanks

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Assuming you are referring to length primarily,,,,,,,,, when fitting golf clubs length is rarely considered because the very high majority of amateur players can't control the clubhead of a standard length club. Making the club longer is seldom helpful. Loft and Lie angles are primarily adjusted on custom clubs. Changing the length of pool cues has little to do with a players ability to use one, in my opinion.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
garczar, Howdy;

This guy is a member here, but, has gotten lost in his "youtubeness."
Now he does have some good information that he gets out. Here's one;
and because he's tall (6'5"), he also has 2 videos about stance;
and

Hope those are a help to ya.

hank

Last edited:

slim123

I play golf and pool and i was just wondering if fitting a cue properly would be more like fitting clubs. In golf they take your height and arm length to make fitting adjustments. Would a persons height/arm-length come into play fitting a cue? Just seems like the standard 58" would fit most kinda like standard clubs but taller/shorter, long arms/short arms would make a big difference. Cuemaker thoughts?? Thanks
Yes your arm length does correlate to the length of cue you should have and adding in the length of your stroke, your height and weight/ bigger players want a heavier cue the weight, it becomes a medium to correlate to the balance point
A heavier person is going to hit a lot harder It doesn't always mean he needs a soft hitting cue , but one that does what he needs at his stroke A cue can be tuned to a person personally

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
99% of cues I sell are 60".

Not one time has one been returned because it was too long, once you go 60", you don't go back.

Sorry Gar but I am not going to measure your inseam and tell you what size cue you need, the new harriman school may be real happy to measure it for you bwaa haa haa.

Zerksies

58” cues are for average height people. Longer cues are for taller people or longer wing span

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not one time has one been returned because it was too long, once you go 60", you don't go back.

Sorry Gar but I am not going to measure your inseam and tell you what size cue you need, the new harriman school may be real happy to measure it for you bwaa haa haa.
I have a 3" RickRoper cf ext on my Mezz for a 61" total and i love it. With a 58" i'm holding it on the bumper.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

where do you get all the 60 inch cues, or do you just not sell very many?

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
where do you get all the 60 inch cues, or do you just not sell very many?
I start with wood and make them, more fun than a game of 9 ball.

I also make them in Carbon Fiber. I do not buy hollow tubes from others, only raw materials from a fantastic supplier here the USA, too much fun.

I have had cues in all 50 States since 2015. I also have them in 14 other countries, how YOU define very many is up to you, I stopped counting long ago. There has been a video on youtube since 2015 where Pagulayan was playing Schmidt and the live announcer mentioned my cues by name and stated that his Pool hall in California had at least 25 of them by that time.

Thanks for the wonderful question, good day.

billsey

Registered
I play with a 4" extension in the center of my cues. I believe the 58" 'standard' is based on the average height of a male in the US around a hundred years ago. At 6'1" I'm taller than that. :)

SSP

29"butt 30" shaft 3" rear extension BeCue, a little forward weighted, just the way I like it, 6'1"