Cue maker signatures

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
D4407879-1EDB-446F-BE19-C5DAAD17B88C.jpeg
I think signatures should be understated.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree about the mezz EC9. Looks super goofy.
I’ve always liked Rick Howard’s “signature”. Nice and always on the cap. Think I’ve only seen one of his old cues he signed on the cue. I’m not a big fan of signatures on the forearm.

Attachments

• 070AF5A6-8F88-44B1-BF73-12675FF09804.jpeg
    070AF5A6-8F88-44B1-BF73-12675FF09804.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Randy Mobley signed my cue RM and then the year it was made. Im not sure if he does that with all his cues. Does anyone have a high end custom from Randy? Is it signed and dated?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Randy Mobley signed my cue RM and then the year it was made. Im not sure if he does that with all his cues. Does anyone have a high end custom from Randy? Is it signed and dated?
Have a few from him, no sig or date.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have a few from him, no sig or date.
I thought it was unusual. I actually asked him to sign my joint protectors so I would tell the shafts apart and he also signed the cue. When I’m dead maybe my kids can get an extra few bucks for that.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have a picture you could post?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I thought it was unusual. I actually asked him to sign my joint protectors so I would tell the shafts apart and he also signed the cue. When I’m dead maybe my kids can get an extra few bucks for that.
He signed older cues, have seen plenty signed. Just haven't seen any recent ones signed. Got one from him in July and it wasn't signed, neither were the other ones in the shop.

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the main reasons I just sold my Jensen cue. Mike's signature was a turn-off from the day I received it. And, why add quotes around a date? ("2019")
So that when someone says it out-loud, they have to use the "air quote" thingy with their fingers.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's one I just came across:

edc.jpeg

It's not a signature and it's neat, but I just don't care for it. Completely ruins the cue for me.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Identification of a cue to a builder is highly desirable. Anything that detracts from a cue's beauty, and many, if not most, signatures on forearms do -- especially on plain maple -- should not be considered. (I do have a Russ Espiritu, signed in brown on darkstained BEM near the base of dark points, that results in an incredibly camoflauged signature which I find acceptable as it does not scream for attention.) I would not buy the cue with a circled EDC, or a new predator, at any price, but that's me. Y'all can do what you want. Anytime a "mark" transcends identification, it merges into advertisement, and I am not about to be a billboard.

Last edited:

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't want to say anything, but when I saw that image, I thought, "Geeze! It looks like RM took a compass and scratched his signature into the wood."