Cue stick modification community

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Cue sticks are mechanical tools. Is there a cue stick modification community?

In another place I work the community is where ideas thrive or die.

Instead of gluing tips on, there are
alternatives.

Instead of balanced cues there are variable center mass cues.

chasrwest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

alternatives.

I found these guys at the Vegas APA tournament. They make moving mass cues with liquid and ball bearings and ball bearings in a magnetic sleeve. The hit is interesting, I'm not convinced it is better, though. I do like the forward weighted shafts, however.

We have had three CF forward weighted shafts made by a local builder and friend. Two of my sons and my wife use them.

Our maker friend also makes acrylic break tips that are tenoned about an inch or so into the CF break shaft. I have one of those and like it a lot. The other three have phenolic tips.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
True enough. I break well with a CF shaft, but can't stand one on my playing cue. Maple rocks for feel.

Being honest the Cue I am playing with in a Pros hands, will do things I am not capable of.

One of the best exhibitions of a guy ability to play 9 ball on a bar box, was with this SP most people would say junk. But was Duck tapped, assume to fix crack in butt section.

The guy who was holding the Cue was not a tournament player, or Pro anyone knew.

He was a skilled money player who caught everyone attention. Played great, took guys money he was playing against.

Packed up and continued on his trip.

Indian, not arrow.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

alternatives.

There really aren't many things one can really modify on a cue.

One can change the tip.. then you get into things like ferrules and wraps and joint pins which are more involved and not to be played with by amateurs who want to keep a decent stick.

Screenshot_20210614-092535.jpg

justnum

Silver Member
There really aren't many things one can really modify on a cue.

One can change the tip.. then you get into things like ferrules and wraps and joint pins which are more involved and not to be played with by amateurs who want to keep a decent stick.

View attachment 640034

Cue collectibles are for collectors.

I mounted a cue tip onto a toy car.

RC toys on a pool table. Thats one idea for a cue modification.

The other mod was redesigning the bridge so the cue stick follows a fixed rail path. The cue would need to lock on to the "bridge". Think a lock and grove mechanism this way any non horizontal force is minimized.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

The other mod was redesigning the bridge so the cue stick follows a fixed rail path. The cue would need to lock on to the "bridge". Think a lock and grove mechanism this way any non horizontal force is minimized.

How did R/C do, could you Draw the C/B????🤣

justnum

Silver Member
How did R/C do, could you Draw the C/B????🤣

I got to see kinematic equations in action at much lower speeds with the RC.

I could not apply draw with the RC technique. I have more hopes on the rail system.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I got to see kinematic equations in action at much lower speeds with the RC.

I could not apply draw with the RC technique. I have more hopes on the rail system.

Well you might start a new fad, all you need is some celebrity doing R/c Pool, and it could grow.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Toy cars on a pool table is not a cue modification. That's a substitution and it is literally age old child's play.

Bringing to market a functional and complex and expensive and unnecessary bridge is bordering on resource suicide.

Target market: people with less than two arms who play pool.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Toy cars on a pool table is not a cue modification. That's a substitution and it is literally age old child's play.

Bringing to market a functional and complex and expensive and unnecessary bridge is bordering on resource suicide.

Party Pooper.💩. When justnum reads your comments, and kills self your responsible.🤣

justnum

Silver Member

you are right its not a modification.

the target market: its an educational learning product for the pool table. What is more likely to capture the imagination of the youth, target pool or an RC car.

Then it turns into Asteroids on the pool table. Asteroids is a digital game about a spaceship destroying much larger objects with bullets.

Also the RC device can used to spot balls on the table. I was thinking of obstacles courses too.

justnum

Silver Member
Party Pooper.💩. When justnum reads your comments, and kills self your responsible.🤣

Do you know the cheapest pneumatic linear motor that has a level of accuracy and precision for the billiard applications discussed?

I go suicidal when it feels like everyone is lacking in imagination. So far it just seems like most have been focused on other ideas as opposed to innovating pool products.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

alternatives.

Just how much fkng drugs do you do????????????????????