Cue Tip preferences

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
I played with a Le Pro for many years. Tried using the Le Pro for 3 cushion and did not like it at all. I now am using a Elk Master and really like the way they play. Ron Kilby is making me a 3 cushion shaft for my Schon and is putting on a soft Kamui. Should be interesting.

Biloxi69

Registered
I played with a Le Pro for many years. Tried using the Le Pro for 3 cushion and did not like it at all. I now am using a Elk Master and really like the way they play. Ron Kilby is making me a 3 cushion shaft for my Schon and is putting on a soft Kamui. Should be interesting.
I put Le Pros on house cues. I put a Kamui Clear Black Med for a high level 3C player and he wanted to try a Soft and loved it. I changed both his 3C shaft to Kamui Clear Black Soft. I guess it preference.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put Le Pros on house cues. I put a Kamui Clear Black Med for a high level 3C player and he wanted to try a Soft and loved it. I changed both his 3C shaft to Kamui Clear Black Soft. I guess it preference.
Are you in Biloxi or nearby? If so I'd like to get some tips put on a carom shaft or three. I'm in NOLA but always happy to take a ride, got family to see in MS anyway.

Biloxi69

Registered
Are you in Biloxi or nearby? If so I'd like to get some tips put on a carom shaft or three. I'm in NOLA but always happy to take a ride, got family to see in MS anyway.
I actually live in New Orleans. West Bank. I’ll be glad to put on tips for you.

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Got my shaft(s) from Ron on Saturday. I ordered 1 shaft and Ron sent me 2 with a note saying the first shaft did not meet his standards. The first shaft has a slight wobble (very playable) and the second shaft is straight. Played with both of them Monday for a few hours and they have a real solid hit. I really like the Kamui soft tips Ron put on the shafts. I like to spin the ball and the Kamui softs are just perfect for me.

Ron was easy to work with and matched my Schon ringwork and joint diameter perfectly. I use a glove when i play and i think the glove makes adjusting to the taper easier.

If you read this Ron i want to say thanks for the great work. :D