Cuetec announces Carbon Fiber tentative price and....

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB seems to do ok with it :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Svb would do well with a cue bought at walmart and I doubt anyone commenting is any where near his level of play.

Not a player of cuetecs but I wouldn’t say they make shit quality. Shit quality would be meucci who shipped out cues already warped or terrible finish. Cuetec just makes an inexpensive cue.

Joqpub4

AZB GOLD
Silver Member
So I picked up a radial Cuetec Cynergy shaft... have a couple of radial butts to try it on... plays darn good.

I have a friend with a starkey. cf shaft and have hit some (not a lot) with a revo.

The starkey felt the stiffest (hands down) even with the soft tip that is on it. Not a bad thing, just a little different.

The Cuetec feels solid and confidence inspiring... does exactly what I tell it to do.

I don’t really have enough time with a revo to make a good comparison, but my recollection was good, but a little hollow feeling.

I’m pleased with my choice.

Joe

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well a lot of the discussion earlier was about what the street price of the cuetech shaft would be once it hit the market. And if it would be about 20% below retail like most of Cuetech’s other offerings. No worries if you don’t want to share.

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I picked up a radial Cuetec Cynergy shaft... have a couple of radial butts to try it on... plays darn good.

I have a friend with a starkey. cf shaft and have hit some (not a lot) with a revo.

The starkey felt the stiffest (hands down) even with the soft tip that is on it. Not a bad thing, just a little different.

The Cuetec feels solid and confidence inspiring... does exactly what I tell it to do.

I don’t really have enough time with a revo to make a good comparison, but my recollection was good, but a little hollow feeling.

I’m pleased with my choice.

Joe

Where did you buy it as I'm looking but don't see it anywhere? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Joqpub4

AZB GOLD
Silver Member
I had a local retailer who had a few... think he is out now.

I also believe the true street price won’t settle down until the initial run on the shaft slows (and all the joints are out)... I’ve seen people raffling them for significantly higher than MSRP... if you want it now, you are going to pay... if you can wait, i think the market will get more normal :)

-Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I've been considering getting one to try since I have like 140 in seyberts bucks but they haven't listed it for sale yet. I did just get the 12.0 prime M for Xmas, so would love to compare all 3 together as my 12.4 Revo being the 3rd.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to play a lot of golf. I built my own custom clubs. They were perfect for me and played great. Funny thing though, my score never changed.

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Svb would do well with a cue bought at walmart and I doubt anyone commenting is any where near his level of play.

Not a player of cuetecs but I wouldn’t say they make shit quality. Shit quality would be meucci who shipped out cues already warped or terrible finish. Cuetec just makes an inexpensive cue.

This line of thinking seems to be what most people believe, but it really doesn't make much sense. "Efren could run out with a broom stick". Yes, I could see Efren running a relatively simple rack with any piece of wood, but he would be limited to center ball.

World class players can make the game seem easy and could play decent with any cue. However, they can not simply pick up any cue and play world class level pool. Being able to use spin unconsciously, and playing pin point position, consistently while under pressure, requires pros to be completely in tune with their equipment, and have equipment that doesn't have limitations.

World class players aren't super human. They rely on specialized equipment to play their best, even more so than amateurs. Amateurs simply overestimate how much the equipment contributes to their playing strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: mvp

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Svb played with and off the rack Cuetec r360 shaft ... real specialized lol
This line of thinking seems to be what most people believe, but it really doesn't make much sense. "Efren could run out with a broom stick". Yes, I could see Efren running a relatively simple rack with any piece of wood, but he would be limited to center ball.

World class players can make the game seem easy and could play decent with any cue. However, they can not simply pick up any cue and play world class level pool. Being able to use spin unconsciously, and playing pin point position, consistently while under pressure, requires pros to be completely in tune with their equipment, and have equipment that doesn't have limitations.

World class players aren't super human. They rely on specialized equipment to play their best, even more so than amateurs. Amateurs simply overestimate how much the equipment contributes to their playing strength.

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Svb played with and off the rack Cuetec r360 shaft ... real specialized lol

Maybe "specific" would be a better word choice. Either way, what I mean is that pros rely on certain qualities in their equipment. It doesn't mean the equipment itself needs to be special. Equipment doesn't need to be expensive or customized for a pro to get used to it and play really well with it. But that doesn't mean ANY equipment will work for him. It just so happens that a cheap standard cuetech works for Shane. Why people take that to mean that he can play the same with anything, doesn't make any sense. A standard shaft with deflection would completely ruin his game.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe "specific" would be a better word choice. Either way, what I mean is that pros rely on certain qualities in their equipment. It doesn't mean the equipment itself needs to be special. Equipment doesn't need to be expensive or customized for a pro to get used to it and play really well with it. But that doesn't mean ANY equipment will work for him. It just so happens that a cheap standard cuetech works for Shane. Why people take that to mean that he can play the same with anything, doesn't make any sense. A standard shaft with deflection would completely ruin his game.

I think they can adapt pretty quickly.

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they can adapt pretty quickly.

Again, for some reason we have this perception that these people are super human. Every shaft deflects different, gets different amounts of spin, different swerve, and you think that pros get used to all of those variables in their equipment over night? So much so, they could be in the finals of the US Open and hit any shot under that amount of pressure?

Watch the TAR video with John Schmidt and Corey Deuel, where John talks about how switching shafts ruined his game for 2 years, until finally he got used to it. He goes on to give an example of a top pro golfer that only changed the grip on his putter and it ruined his game.

Comfort with equipment is absolutely essential to be able to play pool at a high level, and changes to what you're comfortable with aren't easy to adjust to, for anybody. When you are in tune with your equipment, it's like the cue is an extension of your arm, and you can trust that it will do whatever you want it to do. Changing even something small can throw your confidence off and then you start consciously thinking about things you never had to before.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, for some reason we have this perception that these people are super human. Every shaft deflects different, gets different amounts of spin, different swerve, and you think that pros get used to all of those variables in their equipment over night? So much so, they could be in the finals of the US Open and hit any shot under that amount of pressure?

Watch the TAR video with John Schmidt and Corey Deuel, where John talks about how switching shafts ruined his game for 2 years, until finally he got used to it. He goes on to give an example of a top pro golfer that only changed the grip on his putter and it ruined his game.

Comfort with equipment is absolutely essential to be able to play pool at a high level, and changes to what you're comfortable with aren't easy to adjust to, for anybody. When you are in tune with your equipment, it's like the cue is an extension of your arm, and you can trust that it will do whatever you want it to do. Changing even something small can throw your confidence off and then you start consciously thinking about things you never had to before.
I personally know you are correct, from hockey sticks, baseball gloves , ping pong paddles, to golf clubs and pool sticks,, it all matters and it's long been a fallacy you can't buy a better game because you can that's simply a fact ,proven on every level time and time again

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am glad I did not read this before I made my first and only trip so far to Vegas nationals.

Being the first time I ever flew with a cue on a plane I was paranoid about taking my 2,500.00 custom. It just so happened that a friend wanted to practice a week before we left and I did nit have my cues with me. So I borrowed one that he had for sale. Actually he had a dozen he had bought at a tournament for resale. All cheap sneaky petes. I fell in love with it and he sold it to me at cost. A whopping 20.00.

Took it to Vegas a week later and played the best I ever have before .. I was a 5 and playing 9 ball. Beat one 5 by 38-4. Beat another 5 by 38-9 . Lost 55-37.needing only one ball to win. He was up 18-0 before I ever got to the table.

Sometimes its the Indian and not the arrow....as long as it is a straight arrow.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally know you are correct, from hockey sticks, baseball gloves , ping pong paddles, to golf clubs and pool sticks,, it all matters and it's long been a fallacy you can't buy a better game because you can that's simply a fact ,proven on every level time and time again

I sold that 2,500.00 custom I mentioned above in order ti buy a truck and bought a used meucci gambler with 200.00 of it . Was raised from a 5 to a 6 three weeks later. Maybe the meucci suited me better ....you reckon. ?