Cuetec breach taom tip

erbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought a breach. Generally I really like cuetec products. The breach seems to leave the worst white burn marks I’ve ever seen, I’ve immediately stopped using it outside of my own table. Has anyone else had same experience? It’s literally so bad as to be completely unusable, I’m currently just incredulous…

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
erbilliards, Howdy;

Take some picts. of the burn marks and get in touch with Cuetec's Customer Relations folks.
Email'em the pics. See what they say.

hank

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I just bought a breach. Generally I really like cuetec products. The breach seems to leave the worst white burn marks I’ve ever seen, I’ve immediately stopped using it outside of my own table. Has anyone else had same experience? It’s literally so bad as to be completely unusable, I’m currently just incredulous…
Are you talking about on the cloth? Have you used a phenolic break cue before? They have a little more oomph than leather, you might be getting burn marks on the cloth because you're hitting harder than before. If you're talking marks on the cloth, it has nothing to do with your tip/cue, it's how hard you hit them. The harder you hit them with more downforce, the more burn marks. Burn marks are a regular thing, use a break cloth if they bother you and to extend cloth life.

The lesser quality the balls, the more burn marks happen. If you're playing somewhere with nylon balls, low quality balls, or just dirty old worn balls, burn marks will appear much more frequently. Some cloth also shows burns easier.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a similar experience with the Taom Tip. This is due to friction on the sidewalls from your dragging the tip on your follow-through. I had the same issue. The Samsara Break Tips play just as good and eliminated the issue for me.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's possible this doesn't have anything to do with the tip at all... usually the white marks happen from any cue that brushes some distance on felt. this is from raising your stroke arm which in turn drops the tip causing it to rub the felt creating friction thus the white marks. pay attention to your follow through... that should solve your issue.

Donkin the 8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The taom definitely leaves scrape marks on the cloth. More importantly the sides wear away and the tip becomes cone shaped. This is not a problem if you are one of the people that doesn’t contact the table on your follow through, but not everybody follows through that way