Custom cues help required!!!!

icecool69

Registered
I am thinking of buying a custom cue butt to go with the predator 3143 shaft I have. I haven't got much of a clue regarding custom makers so was wondering who are the best to look at.

I would have a budget of roughly 2500 GBP but just looking to by the butt to go with a uni loc shaft.

Any help with this would be highly appreciated

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOTS of cue makers for that money. Research on here,pick one,have him build you a complete cue with THEIR standard shaft,then have him change ringwork on your Pred to match his custom ringwork. That's my opinion !!!

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why spend all that money on a custom cue to throw a predator shaft on it? Just buy a cheap lucasi or something that already has a uniloc joint

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOTS of cue makers for that money. Research on here,pick one,have him build you a complete cue with THEIR standard shaft,then have him change ringwork on your Pred to match his custom ringwork. That's my opinion !!!

Good advise,,

icecool69

Registered
Why spend all that money and throw a predator shaft on it?

I also thought that the predator shaft were the best ones to have and that a lot of the custom cues throw too much unless you tell me any different

JC

Coos Cues
Predator shafts are made from scrap wood. They are very soft and ding way too easily.

Bob Danielson of BD cues in Washington state makes a very nice LD shaft and cues to go with it well within your budget.

JC

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Get 5280 cue, has decent tip installed already and AAAA grade shaft or McDermott.

People recommend Schmelke because its made in USA, not because it hits well. I purchased few, its built well, however, dont expect that god hit..

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Get 5280 cue, has decent tip installed already and AAAA grade shaft or McDermott.

People recommend Schmelke because its made in USA, not because it hits well. I purchased few, its built well, however, dont expect that god hit..

That is only your opinion.

It's a fact that Schmelke is a great value, and it's my opinion that Schmelkes play good.

JC

Coos Cues

Good thing cuz the Schmelke cue doesn't expect the god stroke from you either.:smile:

JC

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am thinking of buying a custom cue butt to go with the predator 3143 shaft I have. I haven't got much of a clue regarding custom makers so was wondering who are the best to look at.

I would have a budget of roughly 2500 GBP but just looking to by the butt to go with a uni loc shaft.

Any help with this would be highly appreciated

You have a pretty big budget so i think u wld be better of getting a custom cue with the predator shaft for quality.

Uniloc joints are known to loosen itself over time from what i've heard and predator butt are not known for good woods.

A few good custom cuemakers that work with predator shaft which i will recommend are Keith Josey, Andy Gilbert ( if hes taking orders ), Rat cues , Mezz cues, Airel carmeli.

These are all good choices so u can check out their reviews n pick one u like.

Try getting joints like 3-8-10 or radial pin which are very universal.

Good luck :))