Custom Gulyassy for Sale

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
One of Mike's wrap-less customs for sale at SOLD shipped and insured. Shaft pics added. No trades, except maybe a Jerry Brock. It has a beautiful burl forearm and butt with an ebony wrap. The burl is stunning and in the sun it reminded me more of granite than wood. It also has a test hit only 3 month old shaft with Mike's newest taper. The butt weighs 16.05 oz and the shaft 2.95 oz for a total of 19 oz. The shaft is 12.3mm at the ferrule and has a pro taper of approximately 20 inches to accommodate the longest stroke. It hits great, but I'm used to playing a thicker shaft.

Last edited:

petemoss

You play good!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
What kind of pin is that? And those cracks in the forearm, are they part of the burl or was the cue broken?

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
What kind of pin is that? And those cracks in the forearm, are they part of the burl or was the cue broken?

The pin is, I believe, a 3/8 10, however, the thickness of the threading is different. I tried a McDermott shaft and it was tight enough to make me stop trying to force it onto the pin. The shaft will fit onto a regular 3/8 10 pin.

The dark lines are part of the burl. The cue itself is cored as most burl woods require this.

mr2_serious

BRUTE FORCE BABY!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
One of Mike's wrap-less customs for sale at $600.00/obo. No trades, except maybe a Jerry Brock. It has a beautiful burl forearm and butt with an ebony wrap. The burl is stunning and in the sun it reminded me more of granite than wood. It also has a test hit only 3 month old shaft with Mike's newest taper. The butt weighs 16.05 oz and the shaft 2.95 oz for a total of 19 oz. The shaft is 12.3mm at the ferrule and has a pro taper of approximately 20 inches to accommodate the longest stroke. It hits great, but I'm used to playing a thicker shaft.

The shaft is under 3 oz ??

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
The shaft is a hair below 3oz, but it's no wimp. If it were a full 13mm it would easily top 4oz. Here's some pics of it. It's the bottom shaft next to a 13mm shaft for comparison.

DSCN1218.jpg

DSCN1219.jpg