Dale Perry Cues

usmcss

Registered
Hey guys,
A few years ago I purchased three cues from Dale Perry. They were around $150 and I figured I would get them for the table cues for others to use.

One thing I noticed is all the imperfections in the shaft. It’s like little dings, tiny divots …..

I noticed some of them when I first purchased the cues but now it seems like there are many more. The cues basically haven’t been used in years. I’ve recently got back into the game and notice them every time I play.

I’ve took some sand paper to them and it seems to take care of it but they seem to come back.

What is this? Was it bad wood? I know I can’t expect much for $150 but???

Thanks!

usmcss

Registered
You should post this in the ask the cue maker forum.
I actually asked Dale Perry himself and his response was: “DP Custom Cues is Permanently Closed.” I even told him I wasn’t looking for a refund or exchange.

Since he said it was closed and he didn’t bother answering my question I posted here. Honestly just want to know what the heck the issue is.

Thanks!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,
A few years ago I purchased three cues from Dale Perry. They were around $150 and I figured I would get them for the table cues for others to use.

One thing I noticed is all the imperfections in the shaft. It’s like little dings, tiny divots …..

I noticed some of them when I first purchased the cues but now it seems like there are many more. The cues basically haven’t been used in years. I’ve recently got back into the game and notice them every time I play.

I’ve took some sand paper to them and it seems to take care of it but they seem to come back.

What is this? Was it bad wood? I know I can’t expect much for $150 but???

Thanks!
WTF? sure you aren't just really high? ;) never heard this one in 40yrs of jacking with cues. you sanded out said flaws and now they've returned? might need a priest more than a cuemaker.

usmcss

Registered
WTF? sure you aren't just really high? ;) never heard this one in 40yrs of jacking with cues. you sanded out said flaws and now they've returned? might need a priest more than a cuemaker.
Lol, yeah I think what’s happening is when I sand them, I’m not sanding a lot and the saw dust is filling in the little imperfections. So it feels smooth for a while until the dust comes out. I know it sounds crazy but they can be felt for sure.

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
Wring out a wash cloth and roll the shaft inside of it on a flat surface under a clothes iron on the highest heat. Very quickly you only want to steam the surface. Then sand it and seal it with wax.

usmcss

Registered
Wring out a wash cloth and roll the shaft inside of it on a flat surface under a clothes iron on the highest heat. Very quickly you only want to steam the surface. Then sand it and seal it with wax.
Hey thanks! I will give that a shot!

Angus

I have raised dings in shafts like that before but with a dish rag and a tea spoon that I got hot over a gas stove. Worked well 20 years ago, I'm alot better on my stuff now