Darren Appleton's World 8 Ball Series 2017

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Billy Thorpe is really in a good match. He was down 0-2 to Mick Hill the english 8 ball champion and then Billy won 8 straight games. Since then Mick Hill has made a comeback and it is now 9-8. Pretty crazy for alternate break.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy won that one and is now up 6-5 over Alex. Exciting just watching the scores change.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I watch Ruslan play on the stream early this afternoon. He won but clearly was not in great stroke like he's capable of. I need to check scores to see how these matches came out. Also great for Billy. He's mucho talented.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm seeing 27 tables in the scoreboard. I might prefer something like double elimination and then single elimination starting at final 64/32.

I just hate to see a player travel hundreds or thousands of miles and lose a close one in the first or 2nd match and get sent home.

We all do. The good players hate it too of course. Why aren't all tournaments longer races? Honestly maybe I'm dense I just don't see why it would be so hard for an event like this to go races to 20 or 25.

We need to be seeing more longer races that way the best players will be more apt to travel worldwide.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's hard to say the cream isn't rising to the top... qualified into final 16 so far:

Shaw
Melling
Hohmann
Chinakhov
Biado
Corteza
Appleton
Orcollo
Chua
Souquet
Kazakis
Oi
Immonen
Strickland
Thorpe

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
We all do. The good players hate it too of course. Why aren't all tournaments longer races? Honestly maybe I'm dense I just don't see why it would be so hard for an event like this to go races to 20 or 25.

We need to be seeing more longer races that way the best players will be more apt to travel worldwide.
Race to 13 is already a longer race than normal. If you start talking 100+player fields with races to 25 it's going to take a long long time to play the event. Race to 13 matches are already quite long in terms of time to complete.

Also there is a 2nd chance tournament starting tomorrow for those that didn't make the final 16 so it's not necessarily 1 and done.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
It's hard to say the cream isn't rising to the top... qualified into final 16 so far:

Shaw
Melling
Hohmann
Chinakhov
Biado
Corteza
Appleton
Orcollo
Chua
Souquet
Kazakis
Oi