Darren's 8-ball World Pool Series April 5-8

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Making sweeping generalisations about 740,000,000 people based on your limited grasp of what's happening here definitely IS in poor taste. The irony of your post is delicious.

Congratulations to the Champion from Albania, who joins the Russian champion of the first event. I'm glad we have English players coming to New York to put on proper tournaments.

Anyone watching the US Masters golf just now?

On American soil, the country in the world that Europeans flock to. They come from Europe to live here because they know America's amenities and its people are where it's happening and the best place to be in the world.

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM, have you ever been to Europe?? Would love to know why you believe it to be so inferior?

People at the peak of all sports tend to drift to where the money is. It just so happens that there is more money in pool in the US than in Europe. Funnily enough though, you don't see Footballers going to the States, except to get a final pay day once they are past it. You don't see snooker players moving to the States, cos there is no money there. No Darts players move there. Just like you don't see baseball or basketball players moving to Europe.

These pool players are not moving to America because it is a better country, they are moving there cos they want the cheese.

Anyway, let me know about the first question. From what I read, your infrastructure is ****ed, some of Europe is in a similar situation, but not Western Europe. Our amenities, social services, and infrastructure are far superior to yours, just go and look at any quality of life research findings.

By the way, I am not ragging on the States, I have thoroughly enjoyed my visits there, and met some wonderful people, I just don't get YOUR position that the US is the be all and end all.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM, have you ever been to Europe?? Would love to know why you believe it to be so inferior?

People at the peak of all sports tend to drift to where the money is. It just so happens that there is more money in pool in the US than in Europe. Funnily enough though, you don't see Footballers going to the States, except to get a final pay day once they are past it. You don't see snooker players moving to the States, cos there is no money there. No Darts players move there. Just like you don't see baseball or basketball players moving to Europe.

These pool players are not moving to America because it is a better country, they are moving there cos they want the cheese.

Anyway, let me know about the first question. From what I read, your infrastructure is ****ed, some of Europe is in a similar situation, but not Western Europe. Our amenities, social services, and infrastructure are far superior to yours, just go and look at any quality of life research findings.

By the way, I am not ragging on the States, I have thoroughly enjoyed my visits there, and met some wonderful people, I just don't get YOUR position that the US is the be all and end all.

I don't care for some of your European peers' comments on this forum that say "typical American reply," or words to that effect. When I read that, it makes the hair on my neck stand up.

If Americans are so damn bad, it seems some of your European peers like it here. We can't be that bad. In fact, I know we aren't.

I don't give a hill of beans about the infrastructure system we have here in the context of pool. But don't worry, a big wall is coming to keep out the undesirables.