DCC vs USOPEN

steveharn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will the DCC be better than the US Open? I watched the final day PPV of the US Open and enjoyed it. Of course I hope to see the DCC live in person. That is a plus. Didn't Mika make the DCC finals one year?
 
I have attended DCC past 2 years and this year was my first to US Open. I went with high expectations because of all the hype I had heard from my friends (who didn't attend DCC). But without NON BIASED opinion aside, DCC is far superior in fun in action. WHY?

DCC offers 24 hour action on location and all the super billiard stars in person, while the US Open is at a convention center and the action is taken in a pool room else wherer. If you don't have a rental vehicle, then you must front a cab fee.

For DCC, the tournament, food, logging and all night long action is RIGHT THERE ON SIGHT!!!

No one could ask for more.

S.
 
DCC is a better tournament to me

DCC has more cues and other pool supplies, more action, and the tournament seems to be more organized. DCC is better for the fans and players.
 
DCC vs. US Open

Different strokes for different folks.

For the ultimate pool fan, go to both!

DCC is like going to a county fair of pool. Lots going on, all the time. You will not see everything. It's a casual environment, with a dark underbelly.

US Open is more structured and proper. More international & big name competition.

I like them both for very different reasons. I'd love them both if they were tweaked a bit - to suit my elitist tastes :D
 
Having been to DCC for 6 years I can say that it is great. I haven't been to the US Open but do plan on it eventually.

I just love all the non-stop action the DCC provides. Although I am very interested to see how the casino venue effects the overall energy the Ex. West provided. I am hoping it wasn't the venue and just the overall tournament itself.

Gary
 
steveharn said:
Will the DCC be better than the US Open? I watched the final day PPV of the US Open and enjoyed it. Of course I hope to see the DCC live in person. That is a plus. Didn't Mika make the DCC finals one year?

The Derby is the ultimate if you are a pool fan.
Mika was 2nd in 2001 and first in nine ball in 2002. Won the Straight pool challenge in 2007.
 
Back
Top