Declaration of "not an instructor" status -- do we have it all backwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
If you're looking for confirmation from the greater population of AZ, let me be the first. You, sir, are annoying as hell, and I will be adding you to my very short ignore list.

...and I am no one's "affiliate".

-s

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I wish we could all just discuss billiard topics with out going into the personal 'attacks' that to which my responses have seemingly put me in a bit of bad light. However those that judge without all of the facts often mis-judge.

Since the last two posts refer to the ignore feature I guess I may have to resort back to it's use as well, not for you Sir, but for those that antagonize me.

Again, I'm sorry that I have annoyed you. It is not my intention to annoy anyone, but if defending myself is annoying, then the ignore feature may be the best option. I suppose that is why it is a featured choice.

Regards, &

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And so the Scott Lee 'affiliate' bombardment begins.

And just like Mr. Lee, you make exaggerated statements filled with distortion. I doubt that a handful of people that are not particularly pleased with some of my posts constitutes a 'popular' sentiment of all of AZB.

While I did, & may have to again, place you on ignore for the vitriol that you launched my way because I had a difference of opinion with your cohorts, I did not lobby to get you banned, as you seem to be doing with this post.

If I were so inclinded, I could go back & find many posts indicating those authors displeasure with you for derailing threads with your negativity, slurs, & flat out insults.

You for the most part appear to fit the definition of a troll.

I have a few choices. I can respond to you or I can ignore you or I can make a new list. A list of trolls IMHO.

You started this latest confrontation. It's your choice to either cease & desist or you can show your true troll colors & continue with your hostility.

And yet, you also posted post #216. Split personality, or was Larry dead on with post #215? hmmm..........

And, just so you know, it has nothing to do with a "Scott Lee Affiliate", it has a lot to do with people responding to posts that you make that many find totally wrong. We are allowed to post our opinion, right? Or does not agreeing with you land them on your ignore list because you really aren't concerned with the truth, just what you want it to be.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
I've been reading this cause I'm interested in what people consider is a instructor, what is takes to be one and so forth.

The other day, I was talking to my daughter. She has graduated culinary school, her first job was at Chez Tjs, a Michelin star restaurant and has worked there for over 2 years.

I called her a chef, and her reply was "I am not a chef".

I asked, "When will you know you are one?"

Her answer was "I'll just know."

Something to ponder........

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
And yet, you also posted post #216. Split personality, or was Larry dead on with post #215? hmmm..........

And, just so you know, it has nothing to do with a "Scott Lee Affiliate", it has a lot to do with people responding to posts that you make that many find totally wrong. We are allowed to post our opinion, right? Or does not agreeing with you land them on your ignore list because you really aren't concerned with the truth, just what you want it to be.

It's amazing. I again have an exchange with Scott Lee due do his insult of my reading comprehension, etc. & I predict an 'affilate' bombardment & the usual characters appear & it supposedly has nothing to do with Scott Lee.

Obviously everyone has the right as allowed by the private owners of this site to express their opinions, and that includes myself.

Your above bolded statement is the epitome of the hipocricy that you so often display. It was my disagreement with you & your opinion that started you on a path of insults directed at me. Just who desides the truth? YOU. That is your problem. You know what you believe to be true & anyone that does not agree with YOU is (insert slurs, inneuendo, & flat out insults).

So what is the point of your latest post directed at me. It, as others, appears to be of the character of a troll.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's amazing. I again have an exchange with Scott Lee due do his insult of my reading comprehension, etc. & I predict an 'affilate' bombardment & the usual characters appear & it supposedly has nothing to do with Scott Lee.

Obviously everyone has the right as allowed by the private owners of this site to express their opinions, and that includes myself.

Your above bolded statement is the epitome of the hipocricy that you so often display. It was my disagreement with you & your opinion that started you on a path of insults directed at me. Just who desides the truth? YOU. That is your problem. You know what you believe to be true & anyone that does not agree with YOU is (insert slurs, inneuendo, & flat out insults).

So what is the point of your latest post directed at me. It, as others, appears to be of the character of a troll.

The impossible dream....getting you to actually READ what others write instead of only seeing what you want to be the truth. You ask "who decides the truth", well, it's not just me (like you are always saying), it's not any one person. It is science. You have a great tendency to be against any instructors on here. That is because a number of them have corrected you in some of your observations. You took offence to being corrected, didn't want to know the real truth about what actually happens on the table and why it happens, and instead chose to lash out at instructors every chance you get. You do make an attempt to try and make yourself look good and the victim all the time, but yet you do do it. Everyone sees it but you.

If you REALLY want to help others, the first step is to find out what really happens on the table, and why it happens. Not all this "feel" nonsense that many want to fall back on when they don't know what they are really talking about.

I really don't know why I am even making any attempt here, because we have been through this before and all you did is make up crap and put me on ignore. I feel like I'm just wasting my practice time. But, I will say, you and a few others, with your posting style, is why a number of people don't bother to post anymore. They are tired of having to make posts like this one that seem to be nothing more than pissing in the wind.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
The impossible dream....getting you to actually READ what others write instead of only seeing what you want to be the truth. You ask "who decides the truth", well, it's not just me But you are one as this statement admits. (like you are always saying),This is the first time that I ever suggested that it is YOU, like others you exaggerate & create a distortion. it's not any one person. It is science. You have a great tendency to be against any instructors on here. Not true. I am not 'against' any instructor. That is because a number of them have corrected you in some of your observations. You took offence to being corrected, didn't want to know the real truth about what actually happens on the table and why it happens, Again you are incorrect many times it has turned out to merely be a difference regarding vernacular & there are differences of opinions amoung instuctors on many topics. I have 2 yrs. of high school & 1 year of college physics. I understand what is happening on the table. and instead chose to lash out at instructors every chance you get. Again you are incorrect. If I truely wanted to 'lash out' at instructors there are much more opportunities to do so, if that was my intention, which it is not. You do make an attempt to try and make yourself look good and the victim all the time, but yet you do do it. Everyone sees it but you. I am only the vicitm when untrue distrions & vitirol are launched my way by a select few, you included.

If you REALLY want to help others, the first step is to find out what really happens on the table, and why it happens. Not all this "feel" nonsense that many want to fall back on when they don't know what they are really talking about. In other words, conform to the pendelum stroke philosphy as the 'Holy Grail' of playing good & better pool, well I will say that it is easier to teach & therefore a 'boom' as Mr. Lee once refered to it, at least for instuctors & the less naturally talented athlete.
I really don't know why I am even making any attempt here, because we have been through this before and all you did is make up crap What 'crap' did I make up? and put me on ignore. You were put on ignore as the result of all the insults you launched at me. I feel like I'm just wasting my practice time. But, I will say, you and a few others, with your posting style, is why a number of people don't bother to post anymore. They are tired of having to make posts like this one that seem to be nothing more than pissing in the wind. You did not have to make this post, but you did. Why? And despite all of the the inaccuracies & the veiled attempt to sugggest that perhaps I should be banned,(maybe that's why you made the post despite your better judgement) it is the most civil post drected toward me by you since our initial contact. Thank you for that.

Now that your perception of the truth has been qualified by my perception of the truth. Will civility be thrown out of the window? Will you spend hour upon hour searching posts to take something out of context in an attempt to support one of your points?
There are two(2) or more sides to every story. You want to dish out criticism but can't stand any response to your preachings. Maybe you need to remove the log from out of your own eye before trying to remove the speck from out of mine. Just why did you go through all of the time & labor to go back and erase all of your old posts? Inquiring minds want to know.

If you think I am the only one that has put you on ignore you are sadly mistaken.

AZB does NOT need all of this non pool related 'discussion'. However some can not discuss pool related toplics due to their closed minds & only want to preach there closed minded opinions & resort to vitriol of all kinds when the choir does not want to sing their song.

bbb, nobcity, you, just as I predicted & I assume Sean might chime in as well, & then it will be up to me. Continue to rebuff the 'attacks' or ignore them. If I choose to ignore them I will find a way to make clear why I choose to do so, which is for the betterment of the general reading population.

I made an attempt but it has been repelled.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that your perception of the truth has been qualified by my perception of the truth. Will civility be thrown out of the window? Will you spend hour upon hour searching posts to take something out of context in an attempt to support one of your points?
There are two(2) or more sides to every story. You want to dish out criticism but can't stand any response to your preachings. Maybe you need to remove the log out of your own eye before trying to remove the speck out of mine. Just why did you go through all of the time & labor to go back and erase all of your old posts? Inquiring minds want to know.

If you think I am the only one that has put you on ignore you are sadly mistaken.

AZB does NOT need all of this non pool related 'discussion'. However some can not discuss pool related toplics due to their closed minds & only want to preach there close minded opinions & resort to vitriol of all kinds when the choir does not want to sing their song.

bbb, nobcity, you, just as I predicted & I assume Sean might chime in as well, & then it will be up to me. Continue to rebuff the 'attacks' or ignore them. If I choose to ignore them I will find a way to make clear why I choose to do so, which is for the betterment of the general reading population.

I made an attempt but it has been repelled.

Like I said, pissing in the wind.:rolleyes:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Like I said, pissing in the wind.:rolleyes:

Well I'd rather you do it in the wind than on me. Would you care to shake hands & bury the hachet, not in each others back, & at least try to be civil to one another & stay on topic even if we have a difference of opinion about something? I for one would prefer that, rather than the ongoing hostility.

Regards to You &

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well I'd rather you do it in the wind than on me. Would you care to shake hands & bury the hachet, not in each others back, & at least try to be civil to one another & stay on topic even if we have a difference of opinion about something? I for one would prefer that, rather than the ongoing hostility.

Regards to You &

i dont follow all the posts
but this seems like a civil gesture from rick...:thumbup:
btw i am larry

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
i dont follow all the posts
but this seems like a civil gesture from rick...:thumbup:
btw i am larry

Thanks Larry.

It's not just an idle gesture. It's a sincere offering.

Sorry for the doubt, but I think you know why.

Regards to You &

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Larry.

It's not just an idle gesture. It's a sincere offering.

Sorry for the doubt, but I think you know why.

Regards to You &

i dont know why
but i dont want to hi jack or side track this thread
pm me if you wish to explain why you dont think im larry

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Now that is all relevant information that is good to know.

So, what exactly is your "46 years experience" related to ? I know hundreds of folks that have 46 years experience shooting pool? I"m just curious of the details; 20 years at US Open?, 10 years at DCC?, numerous state and national amatuer tournaments? Dozens of years playing and running leagues ? Any wins ? Just curious....

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
So, what exactly is your "46 years experience" related to ? I know hundreds of folks that have 46 years experience shooting pool? I"m just curious of the details; 20 years at US Open?, 10 years at DCC?, numerous state and national amatuer tournaments? Dozens of years playing and running leagues ? Any wins ? Just curious....

I pay you a compliment as is relative to the topic at hand for adding your credentials to your signature & this is your response.

I wish so many of you could see the light you place yourselves in when viewed from the general public's viewpoint. I guess the Ego & Arrogance just simply will not allow an unbiased veiwpoint.

I have made & continue to make clear that I am not a 'certified' instructor as has been suggested for such posting in the Ask the Instructor sub-forum. Am I now not allowed to state that I have been playing the game for 46 years so that readers know that I did not just start playing last weekend. Why do certain people have a problem with me stating that I have been playing the game for 46 years. Why does that upset them?

It has been pointed out that experience CAN mean nothing, just as merely being 'certified' as an instructor CAN mean very little to nothing in regards to the quality of one's ability. I agree, but one would certainly think that one would gain by experience over one that has little to no experience.

I am not a professional. I am an amatuer. Amatuers play for the love of the game. Some professionals can still be amatuers. I would say that most are, but not all.

Back when I was playing in 4 leagues a week, I won the trophies for most run outs in almost every league that I played & I was one of the top two players in all of the leagues as well & the other person was a pro. I have stated this before.

If I had known about CJ Wiley's "Touch' of Inside' playing style before I met my wife, I may have gone 'pro'.

I have been happily married for 32 years to a Lady with the golden heart of a child. We have 4 'children', 3 rather successful. 1 CPA with a masters degree, 1 with a Masters degree working for the Sugar Bowl Committee for the past 6 yrs., 1 sitting for his CPA & a 21 year old still looking for his place. I live in a 2900 Sq. Ft. home on a corner lot that is all but paid off & I am retired @ 59. Do you have a problem with my life & is there anything else that you would like to know?

I have never said or implied any thing but that I have 46 years or experience playing the game. What is the problem with that? Would you rather have me lie & say that I only have 4.6 years of experience playing the game? Well I won't do that because I do not lie & I do not distort the truth.

Since you stated that you 'know hundreds of folks (that's at least two(2) hundred) that have 46 years of experience shooting pool', would you care to list them please, just so we know that you are being totally truthful?

What useful purpose did your post serve? Does the word 'troll' come to mind?

I'll tell you what it did. It incited another rather useless post in response that will probably snowball & further take this thread further off topic just when it had a chance to get back on topic if more discusson on the original topic is needed.

It also told me to never pay any instructor a compliment because nearly all of them seem to have a chip on their shoulders. Why? I don't know. Does that sound famliar?

Now, would you care to list the qualified accomplishments of ALL of your students. Please list them one by one, not just a few that have been successful, but each one of them and what they did in pool after receiving lessons from you. I think that could be very useful for you given that you are an instructor of how to play billiards. It does not matter what their inclinations or intentions were. What did they go on to accomplish in pool after receiving lessons from you?

Have a great day &

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
For what it is worth to all those that are so concerned with the word 'experience', I have removed it from my 'non instructor' declaration.

A simple polite request would probably have sufficed.

What exactly was the question of this thread?

Oh yeah, 'Declaration of "not an instructor" - - do we have it backwards?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
For what it is worth to all those that are so concerned with the word 'experience', I have removed it from my 'non instructor' declaration.

A simple polite request would probably have sufficed.

?

Rick, man, that chip just keeps getting bigger and bigger.... I asked a fairly simple and straight foward question, because I was curious. There was NOT one shred of malice in my question.....

I actually thought you would reply in kind, and provide a little background... a chance for you to show what your experience is. I mean, you post here all the time, a little background does not hurt. And I too wanted to know more about you? Why in heavens name would you take it as an insult when asked about your experience ?

You are the one who ADVERTISES 46 years experience.....Who is upset that you say you have 46 years experience. I don't give a flying crap if you have a 100... I just wanted to know whay type of experience it was.... I was not aware we could not dare question that Great Oz...

And you are calling me a troll... are you not the guy who posts in the instructor thread who is by his own admisstion is not an instructor and frequently gets in arguments with everyone and his brother in here????.... WOW....

Dude, you've got issues. And I don't have the time nor the inclination to help you work through them. Please, put me on your ignore list immediately.....

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

I acknowledge reading your post.

I think it best that I not respond except for the following which is thread topic related.

What happened to your credentials in your signature for which I paid you a compliment? Was that a one time thing to make a point? Why would you remove them? Why would you not want one to know you are a level 3 advanced instructor? I am just curious. Seriously.

Regards &

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I acknowledge reading your post.

I think it best that I not respond except for the following which is thread topic related.

What happened to your credentials in your signature for which I paid you a compliment? Was that a one time thing to make a point? Why would you remove them? Why would you not want one to know you are a level 3 advanced instructor? I am just curious. Seriously.

Regards &

because I typed them in like I do in other instructor postes...and did NOT add to my sig line. I was debating to add them or not, and chose not to because i post quite a bit in NPR......

And I will add them when posting on a topic in the instructor forum,,, but not in this particular thread.....

Again, for whatever reason you are very defensive, and I only wanted to know about your experience.. I was NOT going to throw it your face, and only wanted to know more about it.....but I'm over it, and we can go our seperate ways...see ya.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• ENGLISH_publishing_IgnoreList.PNG
    ENGLISH_publishing_IgnoreList.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 145

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Looks like that is in progress, right now...

Again the power of omniscience that you so incorrectly think or believe that you have is incorrect once again.

Day by day, the more I read some of your posts elsewhere I am starting to really think that you really are a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.