Defy shaft with Navigator Soft tip

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am about to enter the cf shaft world. I have not hit any of the brands but, since I play with McDermotts, have decided to try a Defy first. I currently play a 314-2, with a LePro tip. I like the hard hit of the LePro and think I want a single layer tip for the Defy but am not sure.

Do the cf shafts normally require a softer tip or should I approach it just like any other LD/laminated shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard hit with a Defy shaft sounds contradictory. I haven’t hit with one, but everything about them talks about how soft they feel.

I have a Jacoby Black and a Becue. Medium layered tips are the hardest I’ve tried.

Hopefully someone else will weigh in about using a single layer tip. I just wanted to warn you about the feel of the Defy. It would be worth a test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info, guys. I'm still undecided and do not understand why McDermott chooses to use a "soft" tip as their stock option.

terpdad

Registered
Thanks for the info, guys. I'm still undecided and do not understand why McDermott chooses to use a "soft" tip as their stock option.
Most major CF shafts ship w/ a soft tip as the default, Pechauer being the exception. Some (BeCue, Spartan, Schmelke, etc.) let you choose your tip from the start & some stores let you change for a charge.