Delaminated Tip from Predator -

Zerksies

Yes, a couple times on new shafts. Tips were supposed to be high dollar Yamaguchi or some such. Now I just replace right off the bat with tips I like.
Anytime I've bought a new cue or shaft I always replaced the tip. The stock tip on my BK rush was shite, I replaced mine with a Kamui Sai.

Zerksies

Thank you for the tip suggestion. Haven't tried one of those yet, will have to look into them as well. If I keep the overpriced POS it would probably get a Samsara or Bulletproof , it was more about the how they don't take care of customers when it's an obvious defect.

It would have cost them what 50 cents for a stamp and envelope and off it goes in the mail and its over and done with. Nope not them, its all about the $$$$ they can charge you.
100% agreement on their customer service being shitty. I've been using their products for over 20 years.

I bought all new gear this year and spent probably about $4k on predator products. Between CF shafts, jump cues, break cues and playing cues and extensions. My BK rush's joint protector has the cat logo on one side and a BK on the other side. My air rush has a Air on both sides of the joint protector. I asked them could you please send me a BK sticker. All i get from Customer service is we do not offer that product for sale.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I sold you a cue I wouldn't warranty the tip either.

I have absolutely no way of knowing what the buyer has done to the tip in terms of shaping and roughing. At the pool hall I constantly see guys abusing their tips, using a sander in an upward direction, stabbing and grinding their tip with tip-pik, or doing the "fire-starter," putting their tip into a glass encrusted square and rotating their cue back and forth between their palms and shredding the crap out of their tips. Not saying you are one of those guys but too many guys nowadays have no clue how to shape, maintain, and rough a tip.

Besides, tips are easy to replace. I think you need to suck this one up.

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Often what a customer thinks the company is liable for and what the company puts out in the warranty what they are liable for don't match. If you buy a rope and it breaks while lifting a $10,000 piano, the rope company will happily send you a new coil of $20 rope.

Tips wear out, they have no way of knowing how you were using or treating yours, you could have been sanding it or shaping it not the best way, miscuing often, etc...
I'm in this line of work and that's about the way it is.

Pay only the claims for which you are liable.
Screenshot_20220825-101727.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I should come clean:
I recently bought a predator product which had a defect and was told it would go back to predator for warranty.

I passed on that and returned it to the place I bought it from on day 13th of its 14 day no-questions-asked return window.