Dennis Hatch

Scherf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the privilege to meet Dennis Hatch yesterday at a pool tourney he was watching his woman play in. I just want to go on record and say what a real good guy he is. Waiting for her to play, he was more than willing to talk with the fellas on my team and was very complimentary of other people's play.

I know he and other pros get a bad rap on her a lot of the time. Dennis is really one of the good guys.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I had the privilege to meet Dennis Hatch yesterday at a pool tourney he was watching his woman play in. I just want to go on record and say what a real good guy he is. Waiting for her to play, he was more than willing to talk with the fellas on my team and was very complimentary of other people's play.

I know he and other pros get a bad rap on her a lot of the time. Dennis is really one of the good guys.

One of the good guys all the time, or just the times in between his douchebaggery?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I like Dennis' game, and I have cheered for him often. His team spirit always shines through at the Mosconi, but that's where my admiration ends.

As a person, he's aggressive, confrontational, and volatile.

The low point of the 2017 Mosconi Cup for this fan was when Hatch refused to shake the hand of Josh Filler after their match, even after Coach Johann tried to bring him to his senses after seeing this disrespectful behavior that reflected so negatively on the level of American sportsmanship. Let's hope the young, impressionable players in attendance or watching on stream are smart enough to ignore the negative example that Hatch set.

That said, I'm glad you had a good experience meeting Dennis, a very skillful and talented player with a big game.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis has always been nice to me and I have known him since he was about 12. I can't say anything bad about him. I can say, he's not the kind of guy you want to take a poke at.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I like Dennis' game, and I have cheered for him often. His team spirit always shines through at the Mosconi, but that's where my admiration ends.

As a person, he's aggressive, confrontational, and volatile.

The low point of the 2017 Mosconi Cup for this fan was when Hatch refused to shake the hand of Josh Filler after their match, even after Coach Johann tried to bring him to his senses after seeing this disrespectful behavior that reflected so negatively on the level of American sportsmanship. Let's hope the young, impressionable players in attendance or watching on stream are smart enough to ignore the negative example that Hatch set.

That said, I'm glad you had a good experience meeting Dennis, a very skillful and talented player with a big game.

Stu,

Boy, do you have a way with words. Wonder If Dennis cares at all what the fans of the game think? We both know this behavior is not new.

Lyn

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I have a feeling that when his competitive juices aren't flowing like during a match, he's probably a lot more laid back.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
One of the good guys all the time, or just the times in between his douchebaggery?

It’s this kind of stuff why most pros stay away from the forums. You may very well be right (not saying either way) but this type of character assassinations are not good.

I can kind of understand when things get heated and the comments go back and forth but you went from zero to 100MPH in 3.1 seconds. Not to mention he doesn’t regularly post here to defend himself.

We all have issue with people who get under our skin but your comment was over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JAM