Dennis vs Ko, race to 100, 20K.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not saying that Dennis is getting all of the roles, but the quality of his first shots compared to Ko's is noticeable. Often times because Ko has scratched or hung up a ball giving Dennis an easier lead shot.

Ko isn't getting as many opportunities, but he's not taking full advantage of those he does get.

the Professor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or at least made sure he banked the 1 short instead of long.

He could have played the two way bank putting the cue behind the 6 and shot softer…. He is a really aggressive player.. when given the option to be safe or go for it. he has usually gone for it.

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
Dennis plays good on tight tables... I played him in 2007 on the Florida Tour and said then that he's the straightest shot maker I'd ever seen.... all balls hit center of pocket. Very smart player, :)

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis finally wins 100-92. Well deserved win in my opinion. He really is playing better compared to last year.

the Professor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great match… really tough table… Dennis played consistent and steady the last day…Ko played a mixture of brilliant and off by a hair (hanging several balls that gave Dennis great starts to runs). It seemed to me that Ko controlled the last stages of this match by either running out or messing up. It felt like Dennis was kind of reacting to Ko's brilliance or lack there of… In the end, Ko made to many mistakes down the stretch and Dennis was really solid. I think a table this tough favors solid over brilliant. Congrats to both players on a great match! I can't wait to watch Dennis and Shane play!

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Well it's one thing to get Ko out of his element it's a whole different thing to play Shane inside his , if anyone thinks that's not a difference thier sadly mistaken ,,
I'm more than sure they can get all the action they want across the water yet no one does ,,
Kudos to Ko for having the nuts to do just that ,

Agreed. The thing I like about SVB's break is that he controls the 1 ball better. SVB will break for long strings of racks where the 1 ball dies near the top corner pocket.

Eric

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Great match… really tough table… Dennis played consistent and steady the last day…Ko played a mixture of brilliant and off by a hair (hanging several balls that gave Dennis great starts to runs). It seemed to me that Ko controlled the last stages of this match by either running out or messing up. It felt like Dennis was kind of reacting to Ko's brilliance or lack there of… In the end, Ko made to many mistakes down the stretch and Dennis was really solid. I think a table this tough favors solid over brilliant. Congrats to both players on a great match! I can't wait to watch Dennis and Shane play!

They're playing on Diamond table .
That might be the difference too.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a Pro-cut Diamond table, I like Ko over Dennis.

Dennis was breaking wet, but it seems like he kept getting bad rolls and no shot at the 1-ball. So he wasn't really able to string
along any packages.

Dennis showed hes the best after the break. Still dont know if he
can fade Shane's monster break on a regular diamond table. Shanes not invincible though. He lost to the russian guy for the cash. That was his home table and not a Diamond.

I think French mentioned the Dennis vs Shane match will be on a 4.25" pocket Diamond.

I think race to 100 is enough. The race to 160 for the shane/dennis match is way too much.

I would love to see a Ko vs Shane match.

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this money match and the up coming SVB match are warm ups for the Derby City Classic, Dennis is on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk