Derby City Classic and the people I met.

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
1pocket said:
Greg Sullivan's plans are to have so many tables at next year's main tournament room, the Kentucky Fair Grounds convention center, that for the first time ever, they will be able to schedule matches next year. Stay tuned...

Maybe that might be the only way the convention center could work as after checking their website, I didn't see any hotels directly connected to any of the buildings. Maybe I'm wrong?

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
Semper Fi

It was great meeting JoeyA, and getting to know him.

Rep to you, JoeyA, and thanks for the compliment!

By the way, JoeyA has a great stroke, and a phenomenal memory, as can been seen in his excellent post.

Marines are the best, IMHO.

Although I didn't play in the tournament, watching those world champs in action and on the tournament tables was awesome.

Next year, if I'm able to make it to the DCC, I'll be sure to sign up for the AZBilliards room. Great place to play, and get a chance to put faces to the screen names.

And if anybody appreciates beautiful custom cues, the display of said cues available for purchase was simply fantastic.

All in all, the day I spent there was well worth the trouble to get there and deal with other issues.

Flex

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey

Glad you could make it this year. We shared some good laughs to bad we didn't get more time to play more because my 1p game could really use the help but maybe another time. Hope to see you next year and if you ever do make it up to the northeast drop me a line.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
boradriver said:
Glad you could make it this year. We shared some good laughs to bad we didn't get more time to play more because my 1p game could really use the help but maybe another time. Hope to see you next year and if you ever do make it up to the northeast drop me a line.

You know those northeastern Mike Zuglan tournaments are serious.....:)

It was great fun and I learned a lot from you. Thanks for your friendship.

JoeyA