Desirable Books - Help With Values

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Hi guys;

Probably going to help a friend sell a few great books but I’ve got very little knowledge on pool book values so whatever guidance you all can provide would be greatly appreciated. See pics for titles, all are in great shape.

Tia

Brian kn
1709418554560.png

1709418164358.png
1709418611573.png
1709418767687.png

Last edited:

Benelli

So I can only share my experience in acquiring some of these...

I bought a 1st edition, first edition hardback, large format version of the Rubino/Stein Encylopedia about two weeks ago from an online estate sale for... $5, it was also signed by both authors to whomever the original owner was.

I bought all three Blue books for between $25 and $75. Even more oddly my second edition was previously owned by Tom Shaw and has thank you notes from all three authors to Tom thanking him for the kind words in his quote that was used on the back cover. I paid $48.00 for that one on eBay...

PXL-20231206-013604706.jpg

The 3rd edition was the most expensive of the three and I got it for $75 along with five or six other antique collectors' price guidebooks from an estate sale on HiBid.

The Robin book is the one that has the most value out of all of them, but don't get fooled by eBay prices.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Typical sale price for SM&S is $250. For the Blue Book, I think $50 to $100 is typical. I think it came in 2 or 3 versions -- paperback, hardback and collector's. There are also three editions.