Deuel is in the Final 16 in the WPC

He deserves a regular spot on the mosconi cup team, not the final one.
 
Well depending on how he has performed I tend to agree, however I don't think that any US player should be an automatic except for Archer and likely Van Boening in the future.
 
Deul

Icon of Sin said:
He deserves a regular spot on the mosconi cup team, not the final one.
While your quote is a valid point ,I think someone Like Stevie Moore,or Louie Urlich deserves just as much of a chance.If you have scene any of then play you would understand where I'm coming from.Sometimes you need to stir the pool to get the best play.Corey doesn't seem to care to much in my opinion.No doubt he's one of the greatest to play but everyone should have to earn the position.:p
 
I have seen them both play... I agree with Stevie Moore... Very strong and smart player. However, it's not so much about giving them a chance... it's more about giving USA a winning team. Not to say the Stevie wouldn't be good for the team or not, but I think there are others that deserve it more then him or Ulrich at the moment. With Corey's present performance in the WPC then he is more deserving at the moment.

Stevie has yet to really break out and win something huge. He will snap off the Open one day and maybe a few other tournies, but some FLA Tour stops isn't going to be enough to really justify it at the moment.

But I agree, I think he would rock in the Mosconi cup.
 
tap...tap IMO I agree with this 100%. Stevie will get there he's just not there yet. And believe me I am not talking any trash I like him and his game.

Icon of Sin said:
I have seen them both play... I agree with Stevie Moore... Very strong and smart player. However, it's not so much about giving them a chance... it's more about giving USA a winning team. Not to say the Stevie wouldn't be good for the team or not, but I think there are others that deserve it more then him or Ulrich at the moment. With Corey's present performance in the WPC then he is more deserving at the moment.

Stevie has yet to really break out and win something huge. He will snap off the Open one day and maybe a few other tournies, but some FLA Tour stops isn't going to be enough to really justify it at the moment.

But I agree, I think he would rock in the Mosconi cup.
 
Good points

Icon of Sin said:
I have seen them both play... I agree with Stevie Moore... Very strong and smart player. However, it's not so much about giving them a chance... it's more about giving USA a winning team. Not to say the Stevie wouldn't be good for the team or not, but I think there are others that deserve it more then him or Ulrich at the moment. With Corey's present performance in the WPC then he is more deserving at the moment.

Stevie has yet to really break out and win something huge. He will snap off the Open one day and maybe a few other tournies, but some FLA Tour stops isn't going to be enough to really justify it at the moment.

But I agree, I think he would rock in the Mosconi cup.
Stevie as of yet has only won the bank pool at the dcc.He has placed very high in many other tourneys though.If you look at the Florida tour stats I think Stevie is second under Corey. Louie is a longer shot but expect good things from him.I have scene Corey play and IMOP he seems to have lost a will to compete at various times,I don't know what it is but I saw him play at the viking nationals and Donnie mills beat him and Corey looked pitiful at the table.Like he gave 2 craps.I think Stevie would make a great impact at the Mosconi cup,he is a dominate player.Who are your other choices,I would like to know.
 
What is the current team again? I looked up the Mosconi Website, but it's not listed.
 
Other then Corey, only other people I could recommend is Schmidt, Davis, Owen, Putnam... but they havnt done anything too special this year either for that matter. Hell, Stevie outranks all of them in money Earned this year I think.

Guess you got a good point with Stevie, if not Deuel or Schmidt, I dont think I can really think of any American that deserves it more. I can think of plenty of non-americans... put since it is limited to Americans, its a damn hard decision to make if you don't give it to Deuel.

I think Stevie and Saez are next on the list to bust out with major wins. Saez won the Mizerak 10-ball tourney last year, and Stevie has been kicking ass in the Florida tour. They are gonna snap something off soon, I'm sure of it.

Good point you made with who better, there are hardly any others I would pick over him.

(Why is Earl still in it? Oh that's right, he is good for ratings. He hasn't won anything great recently excpet that 1 pocket tourney. Mosconi is 9ball.)
 
Last edited:
Sire380 said:
Does he deserve the final spot on the Mosconi Cup Team?
Sometimes I question Duell's dedication, but I think he is arguably the most talented current American out there.
 
That's the point

catscradle said:
Sometimes I question Duel's dedication, but I think he is arguably the most talented current American out there.
That hit the nail on the head.That's why I think Stevie should go.Hey an action challenge between Corey and Stevie winner to go to the Mosconi Cup.
 
What is the criteria for making the Mosconi Cup team anyway? If it's tournament earnings bye bye Earl & Rodney. If it's some arbitrary decision by sponsors then Rodney's a good choice.....
 
Last edited:
Icon of Sin said:
(Why is Earl still in it? Oh that's right, he is good for ratings. He hasn't won anything great recently excpet that 1 pocket tourney. Mosconi is 9ball.)

Earl's (and Earl+Rodney's) Mosconi Cup winning percentage is very good.
 
So what if...

we send these guys as our Mosconi Team

-SVB
-Larry 'the truth' Nevel
-Dennis Hatch
-Stevie Moore
-Earl 'the pearl' Strickland

Thats enough FIREPOWER don't cha think?? :eek:

Imagine the MAYHEM!! :cool:
 
Here's why....

Icon of Sin said:
(Why is Earl still in it? Oh that's right, he is good for ratings. He hasn't won anything great recently excpet that 1 pocket tourney. Mosconi is 9ball.)

53741753.jpg
:eek:



I'd say it might be because he's got the best winning percentage in the Cup of ANY player, past, OR present. The Mosconi Cup has a way of bringing out the best of Earl.

And also him being the MVP 2 years ago, just might have something to do with it.

Earl might be down, but he's certainly not out!!

Rick S.
 
Rick S. said:
I'd say it might be because he's got the best winning percentage in the Cup of ANY player, past, OR present. The Mosconi Cup has a way of bringing out the best of Earl.
Bringing out the best????? Maybe in his game, but remember the broken shaft incident? Remember the "Your people are Fools"... these (and many others) happened at the Mosconi.

It sucks having his bad attitude represent our great nation at international/world events.

The dude is phenomenal on the table when he can keep it together
 
I won't watch the Mosconi Cup until Earl is off the team. I used to watch & enjoy but his shit with Van denBerg a couple of years ago did it for me. One bad apple I guess.
 
Back
Top