Diamond Ball Polisher issue...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We always place the cue ball and 1 ball on opposite sides..... then apply 1-2 drops for the cue and 1 ball. Then run it for 5 minutes, no issues for over a year. Been cleaning at least once a week. 3 ball sets and 8 extra cue balls, all get cleaned each week, sometimes more often.
Why not put the drops on after spinning starts?

Also, when rotation gets slow at start, one can press the divider down. That motor is big torque compared to the friction of lining.

Which segues just finely into...the carpet can be both rotated 180° and removed and washed.

Great machine.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not put the drops on after spinning starts?

Also, when rotation gets slow at start, one can press the divider down. That motor is big torque compared to the friction of lining.

Which segues just finely into...the carpet can be both rotated 180° and removed and washed.

Great machine.
Don't want to make a mess on the rest of the machine if it's already spinning. The way we do it works great already.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep it covered?
That's what we do...
20210422_112544.jpg

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the link Heath Manning sent me when I purchased my dual polisher. About 5 minutes or so in, he is suggesting one drop at 12:00 and one drop at 6:00, no more than once per week. Any more ruins the carpet.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use this.. a tablespoon Aramith cleaner in a cup alcohol shaken up in a spray bottle (consistency of milk) misted lightly over the balls in a running machine. Fast and nice cleaning and shine in a couple minutes, no waxy coating, balls play good and consistently. I use a Clean Gleem machine, probably same with a Diamond machine (but a Clean Gleem is about half the cost).