Diamond Light - 7' vs 9'

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking at Diamond lights on this site, the 7' light is listed as using 4 - 32 watt double pin bulbs (F32-T8/SP41/ECO), while the 9' uses 4 - 59 watt single pin bulbs (F096/741/ECO).

Googling those codes tells me that the 7' light uses four 4' bulbs, and the 9' light uses four 8' bulbs. Is this correct? Wouldn't that leave a ton of extra room inside the 7' light, not to mention it probably would not light a table nearly as well as the 9' light?

Since I can't fit a 9 foot table in my basement, I would be more interested in the 7' light. Maybe the 4' fixtures could be replaced with 3' fixtures mounted in-line?

I'm starting to think building my own box is what I should do, but dammit, I really like how the Diamond lights look (plus I'm super lazy).

Thoughts?

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the diffuser might-by definition- spears the light, no?

I think I had a brain fart and thought that "7' Tournament Style Light" meant that the light was 7' long. Looks like it is only 5' long?

updated_7'ft_light.jpg

I was having a hard time understanding why there would be a foot and a half of empty space on each end of the light.
Seems too small for an 8' table, and the big light is too big. I wish they had an in-between size.

ninefoot_lighting_spec.jpg

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I called Diamond up and had a light made to fit my 8 foot table and match my cherry wood . Ask for Paul.