Diamond Pro-Am Leg Leveling Bolts

trailprice

I just got my 9' Pro-Am set up a few weeks ago and it has settled into the carpet a bit and needs to be adjusted. Unfortunately when I try to turn the top nut to raise the leg, the whole bolt turns. I've been told before that you never adjust the bottom nut but I cannot understand how this is supposed to work. Anyone have experience with this system? Maybe a drawing of the design would help to figure out what's going on here.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Check any utubes? If you call RKC he will most likely walk you through.

trailprice

I checked YouTube but I didn't find any answers. The other legs seem to work but the one doesn't because the bolt turns with the nut.
I did ask Diamond and got the following answer from a sales rep:
On that let the bottom of the 2 nuts needs to be completely at the bottom. You do not ever need to adjust it. Then by raising or lowering the top nut that will change the level of the leg. The leg also isn’t designed to be taken apart so I wouldn’t suggest trying to open the leg up. Again with the bottom nut completely lowered you then only want to adjust the top nut and this is how you cause use the leg leveler!
But I tried that and the bolt still turns. I didn't tighten the bottom nut against the bottom in fear of breaking something. It's a really strange design. It's wood, washer, nut, washer, nut, washer wood.

trailprice

Why not have the mechanic who setup the table return for an adjustment?
I guess it's the engineer in me, I just want to understand how this thing works. I feel like the head of the bolt is below and should be in a keeper to stop if from turning. Maybe that is broken.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess it's the engineer in me, I just want to understand how this thing works. I feel like the head of the bolt is below and should be in a keeper to stop if from turning. Maybe that is broken.
I get it but it is obviously beyond your knowledge so it would be best to have the mechanic come back to adjust it before your tinkering makes it worse. I get it, I like to do things myself as well but in this instance, it would be best to have the mechanic come back.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get it but it is obviously beyond your knowledge so it would be best to have the mechanic come back to adjust it before your tinkering makes it worse. I get it, I like to do things myself as well but in this instance, it would be best to have the mechanic come back.
And if you fk it up D'mond might not fix it.

trailprice

And if you fk it up D'mond might not fix it.
Exactly why I'm asking the question. I'm not going to call the mechanic and pay him to come back every time I see a small roll off. I want to be able to adjust the legs myself. If I can get directions on how to adjust the legs I can do it to my satisfaction just by rolling balls. It shouldn't be a secret that only certified mechanics get to know...

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
When I leveled my diamond table the top bolt locks the leg leveler into place when you have it leveled. Use the bottom bolt to raise and lower the leg and when you get it right use the top bolt and tighten it up to the top of the leg. If both bolts are turning use another wrench to hold the top bolt into place while you turn the bottom bolt. Hope I explained that clear enough.

trailprice

When I leveled my diamond table the top bolt locks the leg leveler into place when you have it leveled. Use the bottom bolt to raise and lower the leg and when you get it right use the top bolt and tighten it up to the top of the leg. If both bolts are turning use another wrench to hold the top bolt into place while you turn the bottom bolt. Hope I explained that clear enough.
Yes that makes sense (except I don't think there is any way to use another wrench to stop the bolt from turning). The only reservation I have is that this contradicts what the diamond rep told me. Could he be wrong?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly why I'm asking the question. I'm not going to call the mechanic and pay him to come back every time I see a small roll off. I want to be able to adjust the legs myself.
How do you know it's the legs? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. There's more to leveling a table than the leg adjustment. If you are looking for a definitive answer, post in the mechanic's section.
If I can get directions on how to adjust the legs I can do it to my satisfaction just by rolling balls. It shouldn't be a secret that only certified mechanics get to know...
You don't know what you are doing. Step away and call a professional. For every action there's a reaction. Your adjustment could lead to another issue.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ever have ANYTHING under warranty?? Diamond will make it right but if you jack with it and mess it up its on you. Its new so let them fix it and also show you exactly how to do it. Something might be flawed from the factory. Never know.

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
If both nuts turn while adjusting, grab a second 3/4" wrench. Put a wrench on both nuts. It's tight, but you can do it. Hold the bottom nut from spinning with one wrench while adjusting the top nut with the second wrench.

trailprice

Wow, I have to give a big shout out to RKC. I messaged him and he gave me his number. Talked to him about this and several other mistakes my mechanics made for like 30+ minutes. Hell of a knowledgeable guy!
So here's what he taught me: The bolt is a carriage head bolt with the head down sandwiched between the top of the foot and the cap on top of the solid foot. The bottom nut should be tightened to keep the square of the carriage bolt in the plywood and stop it from turning. Essentially the square on mine must have gotten rounded out but you can still get it to stay if you tighten it down good.
The bottom nut must be tightened to the top of the foot to keep the bolt from turning and then you can adjust the top nut wherever you need to. It might also need to be lubricated if it's won't turn freely according to RKC.
Knowing this, I would say the middle washer is completely useless, as it just sits on top of the bottom nut and serves to confuse people.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, I have to give a big shout out to RKC. I messaged him and he gave me his number. Talked to him about this and several other mistakes my mechanics made for like 30+ minutes. Hell of a knowledgeable guy!
So here's what he taught me: The bolt is a carriage head bolt with the head down sandwiched between the top of the foot and the cap on top of the solid foot. The bottom nut should be tightened to keep the square of the carriage bolt in the plywood and stop it from turning. Essentially the square on mine must have gotten rounded out but you can still get it to stay if you tighten it down good.
The bottom nut must be tightened to the top of the foot to keep the bolt from turning and then you can adjust the top nut wherever you need to. It might also need to be lubricated if it's won't turn freely according to RKC.
Knowing this, I would say the middle washer is completely useless, as it just sits on top of the bottom nut and serves to confuse people.
Not a single word about fire or smashing?
Hmmmph.