Diamond Pro question?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen (realkingcobra) may chime in since he did the install.

I purchased this 9ft Diamond Pro, installed, in December of 2007. It has the red label but I seem to remember Glen saying that it had the newer rails?

I've never had a problem on how the table plays and it's been great for my game(improving). I was just curious because of reading other threads about how the red tables banked sooo much shorter than the new blue tables. Is there a way for me to know without a doubt if I have the new rails?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info guys. I guess mine has the old rails but no biggie, it plays great. I had a friend over last weekend and we played some sets(races to 7) and he said my table plays as good as his. He has a Diamond with the blue logo.
Guess I don't see what all the fuss is about :confused:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen (realkingcobra) may chime in since he did the install.

I purchased this 9ft Diamond Pro, installed, in December of 2007. It has the red label but I seem to remember Glen saying that it had the newer rails?

I've never had a problem on how the table plays and it's been great for my game(improving). I was just curious because of reading other threads about how the red tables banked sooo much shorter than the new blue tables. Is there a way for me to know without a doubt if I have the new rails?

New cushions being the Artemis cushions instead of the cushion's Diamond was using. I showed Diamond the changes they needed to make to their rails in May 2010, they didn't actually put the change into production until Oct 2010. You're in a very dry area which means you're going to see less effects with your cushions because of lack of humidity.

XPLSV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New cushions being the Artemis cushions instead of the cushion's Diamond was using. I showed Diamond the changes they needed to make to their rails in May 2010, they didn't actually put the change into production until Oct 2010. You're in a very dry area which means you're going to see less effects with your cushions because of lack of humidity.

Did Artemis used to be an optional upgrade available from Diamond before they switched over? I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2001 Diamond Professional that has "upgraded Artemis" cushions...did not ask if that was from the factory or afterwards.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Did Artemis used to be an optional upgrade available from Diamond before they switched over? I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2001 Diamond Professional that has "upgraded Artemis" cushions...did not ask if that was from the factory or afterwards.

No, wasn't even thought of back then. Who upgraded the table?

XPLSV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, wasn't even thought of back then. Who upgraded the table?

I am going to have to ask that question. Just came across it the other day and, after some quick consultation with the Wife, negotiated a sale price today. Table is circa 2001, but the original owner has taken great care of it and says he is basically selling it because they don't use it. Sits there with the cover on it the majority of the time. Got some extra pics (out of state, haven't seen it in person, yet) and can't find a nick on any of the rails...two nicks above the rack holder...cloth shows no wear. The rubber could be bad and even with the cost of new rail work, still a bargain :) Will see it in person early next month. I have read many of your posts on being careful about deals that seem too good, so I have been keeping on my toes and it just appears to be a great find at this point.

XPLSV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seller said the table came with them direct from Diamond. I have come across a couple posts in forums dated from 2004 and 2006 that both referenced Artemis and Diamond...one stated only the 9 foot came with Artemis.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Seller said the table came with them direct from Diamond. I have come across a couple posts in forums dated from 2004 and 2006 that both referenced Artemis and Diamond...one stated only the 9 foot came with Artemis.

Diamond didn't switch to Artemis until about late 2003, sorry.

XPLSV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond didn't switch to Artemis until about late 2003, sorry.

I'll put it on my punch list and will have to check it out in person in a couple weeks.

Will try and give you a call in the coming days.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'll put it on my punch list and will have to check it out in person in a couple weeks.

Will try and give you a call in the coming days.

And the question of who switched out the cushions for the newer Artemis cushions will also determine if the modified the rails or not.

XPLSV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3+ Years Later...

Any update on this?

I've been using the table as purchased for the past three years. The fabric was good on it and my Wife had liked the tan fabric as opposed to Tournament Blue I had sitting aside. Been about two years since she passed away and I decided to replace the cushions and put the Tournament Blue on the table this past month. Started my little project tonight and found Artemis upon pulling back the fabric. Could this table have been from late 2003? Perhaps. I don't have any of the original paperwork and I just had what the original owner told me when I bought it. He had it moved once after purchase from one state to the next.

Attachments

• artemis.jpg
    artemis.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 278

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I've been using the table as purchased for the past three years. The fabric was good on it and my Wife had liked the tan fabric as opposed to Tournament Blue I had sitting aside. Been about two years since she passed away and I decided to replace the cushions and put the Tournament Blue on the table this past month. Started my little project tonight and found Artemis upon pulling back the fabric. Could this table have been from late 2003? Perhaps. I don't have any of the original paperwork and I just had what the original owner told me when I bought it. He had it moved once after purchase from one state to the next.

Show me a picture of the frame of the table and I'll be able to tell you a little closer to when it was built.

XPLSV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Show me a picture of the frame of the table and I'll be able to tell you a little closer to when it was built.

Glen,

Here's two shots--hope this is what you were looking for...otherwise, let me know!

Attachments

• frame_side.jpg
    frame_side.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 278
  • frame_end.jpg
    frame_end.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 275

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Where the frame has a single bolt holding the corner together by threading into an insert, we changed that to a double corner bolt system using nuts and washers later in 2000.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Where the frame has a single bolt holding the corner together by threading into an insert, we changed that to a double corner bolt system using nuts and washers later in 2000.

Anything to add about the table having Artemis and playing like a blue label? The OP said somewhere that his buddy had a blue and it played very similar?

Trent from Toledo