Diamond Table Logos

maurice.rojas

I have looked and I can find plenty of info on Diamond Red vs Blue labels but am trying to find out what the difference is between an Oval Logo and a somewhat star shaped logo??? Year made etc??? Any info is appreciated

maurice.rojas

These are the logos am asking about

Attachments

• IMG_6807.jpeg
    IMG_6807.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6806.jpeg
    IMG_6806.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 60

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
The ovals are newer, hopefully someone else will chime in on specifically when they switched.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have looked and I can find plenty of info on Diamond Red vs Blue labels but am trying to find out what the difference is between an Oval Logo and a somewhat star shaped logo??? Year made etc??? Any info is appreciated
Ask Diamond direct. The blue label tables came out in '10. No clue when the logo switch. Same tables.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The earliest I believe are Red labels as well
I think the OP is asking about diff. in blue logos. And yes, the Red was the original logo color til 2010ish when they changed rubber and subrail angles.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Diamond table is about 3.5 yrs old now and has an oval label. But it is not red or blue, it is black. Is that the standard now?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Diamond table is about 3.5 yrs old now and has an oval label. But it is not red or blue, it is black. Is that the standard now?
They used to offer blue or black. Same table. Don't know if they still do the black. As for the OP's inquiry i've only seen blue label as oval so i'm guessing they switched fairly soon after the blue table came out. Need to call them for dates.

Last edited:

Scrunge19

Registered
Probably just easier to route/cnc an oval into the rail and get a good fit with the new logo as opposed to the custom shape/fit of the old one.

I had always assumed they changed to the oval logo because the old ones had a tendency to have pieces come out. Almost all of the tables at the hall I play at were missing the blue part within the two D’s on the old logo. But it looks like the same pieces are missing in the new logo example you provided so that’s probably off base.

maurice.rojas

I sent a message to Diamond in hopes they will explain the difference like year xxxx we went to blue then in year xxxx we went to blue oval so I know the details of this table I am thinking of buying… thanks much for your info so far…