Did anyone Watch the Mosconi Cup yesterday?

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
They had day 4 of the Mosconi Cup yesterday.

What did you think about the end of Mika/Davis match? Mika makes a
rookie mistake on the match 8 ball, and knocks the 9 to the foot end rail,
and then he misses the long bank. The Davis with a long cut shot on the 9 down the long rail doesn't even get close, but gets a lucky leave.

What in the world was Mika attempting when he double kissed the 9, and left it by the side pocket for Davis?

Boy, the European team was going wild during the matches until Mika lost, and then their faces were 9 miles long as Corey played David Alcaide the last match. Corey did not shoot that jump shot on the 6 very well, but got real lucky with the 6 kissing off the 7 to go into the corner, and finish out a 5-3 win.

Obviously though, the European team was off on strategy putting a rookie David Alcaide up for the last match, especially against Corey. Even if you are going to sacrifice a match (long odds), you don't make it the last one.

Davis sure has a funny stroke. Tucks the cue under his chest, and the end of his cue was going all over the place, but he made the shots... LOL
I still feel those bad stroke mechanics catch up to you down the road somewhere.
 
Amazing

I watched it and COULDN'T believe Mika did that. That whole ending was bizarre. Lots of pressure on those guys but that was an ugly ending.
 
Mike Davis edged me out in a tournament once in our weekly event in Raleigh and offered me the seven. Man, with that guy's stroke, I almost fell all over myself getting the money out until I watched his next match. Played perfect. What a great hustle he would have with that poke and hope stroke.
 
That goof on bumping the 9 was painful to watch, yes. I was thinking he wasn't feeling so great from the face you see him make in his seat before the last game starts.

Scott, as far as the other misses in the last game between Mika and Mike, do you think they were both trying to miss on the pro side? Or were they both just tight? I too was surprised that Mika tried what looked like a soft crossover bank on the 9, rather than cutting it up the rail.
 
Yeah, it was very strange seeing Mica fumble like that. I almost felt embarrassed for him and the European team, a little sad really.

Asgar
 
That was the most exciting hour of pool I've seen in a very long time. I think everyone loves Mika as they should and even if you are American you kind of wanted to see Mika win and witness the crowd go nuts. Cory looked like he was expecting the Americans to pick him up and carry him around but they didn't even seem excited about the tie even though it meant them keeping the cup.

I will say this: None of us knows what kind of pressure there is to be playing for that many people.

Highly recommend watching the replay if you haven't seen it yet.
 
crawfish said:
Mike Davis...Man, with that guy's stroke...What a great hustle he would have with that poke and hope stroke.
I regret to inform you that there is little hope when Mike hits a ball. I'd call it direction!
And hustle? Who is gonna bet any big bucks on a pool table that hasn't seen his face in every pool mag and ESPN channel?:eek:
 
Back
Top