Did you give or did I take it?

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Definitely sour grapes. I have a buddy who is quick to say that to his opponents when he loses.
I find it to be a disrespectful attempt to discredit the skill level of the opponent.
Just say you didn't get it done, and your opponent played better than you did today.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This reaction is similar to when you get a lucky roll, and your opponent latches on to that like they never did it themselves a hundred times in other games. Yesterday I was at a friend's APA league, one of their players crapped in a SINGLE ball in a 9 ball match, and the opponent and the captain would not stop talking like it was the reason he won. Here is the funniest part of this win and bitching: when this opponent needed two points to win the match, he missed a ball in hand 8 ball when the 9 was also right there for the win. I was like "ah.. you know I think the reason you lost was not because the guy crapped in one ball on you, you dope, but because you played badly enough to miss a ball in hand shot that would have won it for you".

On the other hand, I had a recent match that was a 5-3 race, when I was up 4-0, I missed a 9 that was on the rail, guy made the 9 that was hanging, then broke and made a 1-9 combo. Two shots and after 6 racks and a 4-0 lead, now it's hill-hill LOL Now that is "giving" the guy the game when I missed the 9. Luckily I won the hill hill game with a 2-9 combo after I got to the 1 ball first or he would have won the match in 4 shots LOL