Did You Watch The World Pool Championship?

Did you watch any of the matches for the recent World Pool Championship?

  • I didn't know it was televised.

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I didn't know you could download a program free of charge to watch the matches.

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Yes, I watched some of the matches.

    Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Yes, I watched all of the matches.

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • No, I did not watch any of the matches.

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I would have watched them if I knew how or where to watch them.

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I stayed stoned and didn't watch because the Americans were getting beat so bad.

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No, I just don't have an interest in watching pool on TV or video.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like watching pool on the Internet.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let me know how I can watch it next time.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    35
  • Poll closed .

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I downloaded the necessary program to view some of the matches because I was desperate to see the level of international competition and was wondering how many others tried or would have tried to watch if they could have.
 
i didnt see them, because i had no idea when , what match would be on, and posted in Central european time. if people say, that match is on at 2pm, that means nothing to me :s is that in china? france? atlanta?
 
Maybe Next Year

Joey, I didn't watch any of the matches because, twice since I've gotten my laptop I've messed it up by clicking on 'stuff/sites' and downloading 'things' (like Spyware Tracker and other Popup hustles). My wife has told me that she's going to give my $1,800 laptop to some young child if I can't stop clicking on 'things'...
Btw, did you see this post:
Jorge Torres is alive and well. For those that don't remember, Jorge had a website trickshooter.com that showed matches for Free (he also had a pool movie documentary in the works). Jorge and his site dropped out of site for years, but now he's BACK.
Check out his new site and his filmed pool matches at: http://propoolvideo.com
WELCOME BACK,JORGE..... and thanks for the video.
Doug
( Jorge will have the finals of yesterday's Florida Tour stop up for viewing later this week and has tons of other matches that he will be putting up in the next couple of weeks )


I like clicking on Jorge's site because I don't have to signup or download or any of that other stuff that I get in trouble doing...
Doug
 
JoeyA said:
I downloaded the necessary program to view some of the matches because I was desperate to see the level of international competition and was wondering how many others tried or would have tried to watch if they could have.
You can still watch it on Youtube.com. Just Search on "World Pool Championship 2006". I watched numberous matches including the Finals. Enjoy!
 
Smorgass Bored said:
Jorge Torres is alive and well. For those that don't remember, Jorge had a website trickshooter.com that showed matches for Free (he also had a pool movie documentary in the works). Jorge and his site dropped out of site for years, but now he's BACK.
Check out his new site and his filmed pool matches at: http://propoolvideo.com
WELCOME BACK,JORGE..... and thanks for the video.
Doug
( Jorge will have the finals of yesterday's Florida Tour stop up for viewing later this week and has tons of other matches that he will be putting up in the next couple of weeks )


I like clicking on Jorge's site because I don't have to signup or download or any of that other stuff that I get in trouble doing...
Doug

Gladto hear about Jorge and that he is up and about.
Thanks for the link. I will check it out later.
Joey
 
Eurosport

I watched the final on EuroSport. It was edited of course and condensed into one hour but it was better than nothing.....:)

no-sho
 
I got a chance to watch a few on the TVU Player. Not as many as I would have liked to but enjoyed it none the less.
Most of the final match is on YouTube.
 
For the Future...

How to convert schedule times of foreign tournaments?

Example - WPC (Bookmark links for the future)
Go to: http://www.espnstar.com/tvtimes/tvtimes_index.jsp

Look up the schedule for a period of days you desire. Full or partial schedule. PRINT it out.

Converting to your local time zone schedule:
go to: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

and convert the foreign time zone schedule to your local schedule.
(You have to do 1 scheduled date/time at a time)
 
I watched most of it online using the TVU player.

Was great coverage 6-8 hours per day. The final had a lot of atmosphere too.

Colin
 
Wow, the interest in this tournament is really impressive. Take this poll about six months from now and I bet 90% of the people on the board will have seen some WPC coverage at some point. Even if it's not on TV there are so many different ways to view it, I guess that is one of the reasons it is such a popular tournament.
 
i hooked up my laptop's s-video to my dvd recorder, i think i've got about 85%-90% of the coverage....

great stuff!
 
Back
Top