Differences between the versions of Gold Crown Tables?

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I searched the forum but couldn't find any reference to this thread, which surprises me.

I was looking into new and used Gold Crowns and see so many different versions (7?). Is there a chart somewhere that outlines the differences between them?

I'm considering a used GC instead of the 9' ProAm i just ordered but don't know which version is desirable over the others. There seem to be quite a few GCs out there for sale, pricing varies wildly, as does condition.

If I am looking for a 9' Gold Crown, what should I be looking for?

TrxR

I would like to see something like that as well.

I think GC 2 were the first for adjustable feet. Gc1 and 2 I believe need the rails modded to fit new cushions maybe GC3 as well but i think it's only the 1 and 2. I think they were all 5" pockets as well.

Gc 4 I think was the first for time the tournament edition was available to get 4.5" pockets. I've heard of end sag on the 4 but it's an fairly simple fix.

I believe 6 is the latest version.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of this is true. Early GC4's used old 3 frames and can sag. Easy to remedy. Later 4's had a beefed up frame much like the 1-2's. First 'tournament edition' was the GC5.
I would like to see something like that as well.

I think GC 2 were the first for adjustable feet. Gc1 and 2 I believe need the rails modded to fit new cushions maybe GC3 as well but i think it's only the 1 and 2. I think they were all 5" pockets as well.

Gc 4 I think was the first for time the tournament edition was available to get 4.5" pockets. I've heard of end sag on the 4 but it's an fairly simple fix.

I believe 6 is the latest version.

TrxR

Some of this is true. Early GC4's used old 3 frames and can sag. Easy to remedy. Later 4's had a beefed up frame much like the 1-2's. First 'tournament edition' was the GC5.
Thanks for the clarification.

Was it only the 1 and 2's that used the Monarch cushions and need rail mods to use newer Superspeeds or were some of the early 3s that way too?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Adjustable feet were introduced during Gold Crown I production. Many people who claim to have a Gold Crown II actually have a Gold Crown I. The Gold Crown II is a unicorn having only been made for a few years. A True Gold Crown II will have Rosewood stained aprons and pedestals with the tell tale signs being bronze feet and ball tray surround. The I and II are virtually the same table except for aesthetics.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Adjustable feet were introduced during Gold Crown I production. Many people who claim to have a Gold Crown II actually have a Gold Crown I. The Gold Crown II is a unicorn having only been made for a few years. A True Gold Crown II will have Rosewood stained aprons and pedestals with the tell tale signs being bronze feet and ball tray surround. The I and II are virtually the same table except for aesthetics.
Didn't the I have deeper shelves?