Different table heights

TarmacA

Registered
I cannot seem to be able to adjust my stance to accommodate different table heights. On lower tables I really struggle to get low enough. Any suggestions.

Roger Illinois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cannot seem to be able to adjust my stance to accommodate different table heights. On lower tables I really struggle to get low enough. Any suggestions.

Try always standing tall. I know that it will take alot of practice and will change your view of the table, but that may not be a bad thing. Due to neck problems that is what I have had to do.

SeabrookMiglla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am 5'5 and i dont like playing on short tables either, i think they are tougher to play on and it takes me a little bit of time to get use to them. usually i adjust my stance by bending my knees more when i play on shorter tables. at the same token bending your knees makes your stance a little more springy than when your legs are in a locked/stiffer/planted stance. just something to be aware of if you do decide bend your knees. i usually lock my back leg when playing pool and slightly bend my lead leg.