DigiBall accuracy

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Teflon-block robot is saying that things are looking very accurate.

Chalk-marks (blue) compared to what the DigiBall reported wirelessly (red).

Test Setup.png

DigiBall Tip Contact Point Measurements.png

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Didn’t know you were working on that, I’d say it’s pretty cool!

ACL

Looks interesting. I would have tried the DigiCue but I see it has been discontinued.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bring one over to me and my son to play with :)

The speed and angle would be very useful for training. Say an instructor shoots a shot and they go 8 mph with 30% cut for shape, then the student tries and you can see immediate feedback where to improve on if things go badly. it can be hard to say "hit it soft but not too soft" LOL. If we can get an exact cueball speed shown, the player can hit shots to reach that same goal.

The DigiCue Blue was a good training tool, I hope this one is a success for you, looks very good so far.

Last edited:

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Teflon-block robot is saying that things are looking very accurate.
It looks to me like the DigiBall is recording the draw shot about a 1/2 tip lower than the chalk mark. Any idea what the reason for that is?

If you get the parts in and start making [the DigiCue Blue] again, I will definitely buy one.
Me too...if the software will be compatible with a MacBook M2 chip.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks to me like the DigiBall is recording the draw shot about a 1/2 tip lower than the chalk mark. Any idea what the reason for that is?

Me too...if the software will be compatible with a MacBook M2 chip.
I suspect that the DigiBall is correct and that I measured the chalk mark smudge incorrectly. I didn't see this happen again.

I bought a 2012 MiniMac with 4GB RAM for $80 like an idiot thinking I could update it to the modern OS and run XCode. I can manage a single mouse click every 20 minutes. I'll need to eventually borrow a new machine to test build the app on macOS.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suspect that the DigiBall is correct and that I measured the chalk mark smudge incorrectly. I didn't see this happen again.

I bought a 2012 MiniMac with 4GB RAM for $80 like an idiot thinking I could update it to the modern OS and run XCode. I can manage a single mouse click every 20 minutes. I'll need to eventually borrow a new machine to test build the app on macOS.

I thought that it was mostly for Android and iOS on phones? Need to keep in mind that when those go up to a certain level they like to disable old applications from installing so things need to be updated every few generations.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
F
I thought that it was mostly for Android and iOS on phones? Need to keep in mind that when those go up to a certain level they like to disable old applications from installing so things need to be updated every few generations.
Flutter codebases can be deployable on six platforms:
Android
iOS
Windows
macOS
Linux
Web (which isn't applicable here because of BLE)

It is my first time using it since I am not a professional full-time app developer, but it works great.