Disaster or Probable? Recover my own Pro Am

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
So I have been considering learning how to recover my own Diamond Pro Am. Especially since it is the pool table I want for the rest of my life. Am I asking too much of myself? It seems possible but I know I won't get it perfect the first time I do it. I am willing to accept that as long as the table is playable.

It seems I will probably spend some serious dough on tools. Can someone list out what I would need? Also please link some good threads needed to do things right, like RKC style pockets :)

Another option is having Reverand come do it for me and possibly teach me at the same time. I would like to learn because I am in the military and move every 2-3 years. So I would like to be self sufficient.

Thanks for the input

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recover

If you want to be self sufficient, I would use the search feature in the forum, and you will find all the info you need, also you tube has a video of Diamond Installing cloth at the factory, if you have a Proam I suggest you research the glue method that Glen uses.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sierra Vista AZ

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If you're that close to Zach, then I'd say call him. You learning how to recover your own table is one thing, but then playing on your own work may not be worth it to you in the long run, so it's cheaper to do it right the first time then to pay to have it done again if you don't like the finished job.

Glen

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Sounds Like we are thinking the same Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sounds Like we are thinking the same Glen

If Zach didn't live in AZ, I could understand your wanting to do the work on your own pool table as opposed to hiring the local "Pro's"....I've seen tbe work done around there and it ain't pretty:thumbup:...but Zach went through months of one on one training with me and earned the right to be called the best in AZ...for a reason....its called hire a real Pro to get the job done rigbt.