Do cue tips go bad over time?

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What an inane, unhelpful remark. If you can't be useful and have nothing positive to say, please refrain from commenting.
Do tires go bad over time? How about baseball, golf balls, tennis balls and sandpaper? Inquiring minds want to know.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What an inane, unhelpful remark. If you can't be useful and have nothing positive to say, please refrain from commenting.
Do you think that water and tear don’t take a toll on tip? On the other hand sitting up for Lon periods of time don’t make them hard? Gimme’ a brake.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

I have about 2/3's left in a box of Le Pros that I bought in 79. Figure they
were made in 78 or 77. WTFKs??? Any way just had one put on a shaft
and just spent 3 hours breaking it in. Works very well on the cue its on.
Think it has to do with the coating. Makes'em the M&Ms of cue tips :D

hank
Howdy All;

Thought I'd elaborate about the conditions those Le Pros have been through.
I purchased them in 1979 while stationed in Va. Beach, Va. Nice humid environment.
Next I moved to what is referred to as Southern Md. Stayed there till 1995 when I
moved to SE. Ohio still kinda humid but not as bad as Va. & Md. Then in 2008 I moved
to Central Utah, not much pool but really arid. A few years later I settled here in Southern
NM. The whole time those tips have been in their original box inside a briefcase that I
keep my tip fixin' stuff in. In other words they've been through some far ends of the
humidity spectrum. They've been frozen in a storage unit in -40* F in Utah and in another
similar unit at 118* F here in NM. Danged things are the Twinkies of cue tips IMHO.

hank

Last edited: