Votes: 39 50.6%
  • I aim the cuestick

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • I'm a pinball wizard

Votes: 14 18.2%

• Total voters

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
dunno if this question makes much sense to me.

Aim the cueball to hit the object ball, use the cuestick to aim at the cueball to hit the obect ball at the predetermined target spot to accomplish desired result. FTW.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beware_of_Dawg said:
dunno if this question makes much sense to me.

Aim the cueball to hit the object ball, use the cuestick to aim at the cueball to hit the obect ball at the predetermined target spot to accomplish desired result. FTW.
So you are aiming the cuestick at the cueball?

Zoltor

Registered
unknownpro said:
So you are aiming the cuestick at the cueball?

No, he is saying, he aims both, the CB, and cuestick, which I agree with him, thus this poll doesn't make much sense, since you have to aim,calculate both.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zoltor said:
No, he is saying, he aims both, the CB, and cuestick, which I agree with him, thus this poll doesn't make much sense, since you have to aim,calculate both.

You may be correct in your assumption of his meaning. However, he specifically said "use the cuestick to aim at the cueball".

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
unknownpro said:
Do you aim the cueball or the cuestick?

What hell does this mean? btw i love american idol, shouldve been a choice. that would get more votes than the other two combined

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
td873 said:
Both.

-td
So I'm assuming if you are shooting center ball you aim the center of your tip and the center of the cueball at a point, say to the center of the ghostball position? What about using side english? Can you still aim them both at the same time?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
unknownpro said:
So I'm assuming if you are shooting center ball you aim the center of your tip and the center of the cueball at a point, say to the center of the ghostball position? What about using side english? Can you still aim them both at the same time?

Yup...........

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TXsouthpaw said:
What hell does this mean? btw i love american idol, shouldve been a choice. that would get more votes than the other two combined

American Idol is cool. Anyplace you can hear someone singing that is not run through an electronic intonator (like most records and a lot of live performances) is fine.

As far as what the hell the question means, think about it like this. What are you looking at relative to what when you stroke? Are you looking at where the cueball must go, or are you looking at where your stick must go?

kingwang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, thanks for the clarification of the question. I aim with the cueball and most advice has agreed with this (can't think of sources right now) A good player should have enough faith in his stroke that he does not need to look at the cueball and where he hits it after he lines up initially. I think this is related to the question of which ball to look at, object ball or cue ball. And the answer is usually OB.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
unknownpro said:
How do you do that with side english?

You're the pro! First off... you start by forgetting about your cue position and focus only on the cue ball. Your stick doesn't matter... as a matter of fact, you could probably lean on it like a walking stick while you aim...swing in a little back hand english and shackalacka ding dong the ball magically drops.

Man, I should start giving lessons with this stuff... I bet I could make a fortune...seems like no one knows this stuff but like 3 people on this site.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kingwang said:
OK, thanks for the clarification of the question. I aim with the cueball and most advice has agreed with this (can't think of sources right now) A good player should have enough faith in his stroke that he does not need to look at the cueball and where he hits it after he lines up initially. I think this is related to the question of which ball to look at, object ball or cue ball. And the answer is usually OB.

That is still not quite what I mean. I never look at the cueball last, but I am aiming my stick - not the cueball - to a point downtable that just happens to go through the cueball.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:
You're the pro! First off... you start by forgetting about your cue position and focus only on the cue ball. Your stick doesn't matter... as a matter of fact, you could probably lean on it like a walking stick while you aim...swing in a little back hand english and shackalacka ding dong the ball magically drops.

Man, I should start giving lessons with this stuff... I bet I could make a fortune...seems like no one knows this stuff but like 3 people on this site.
I am familiar with backhand english. I know it can work, but I don't use it. I like to aim my cuestick. From your explanation I would say you are actually aiming just the cueball.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
unknownpro said:
.... I never look at the cueball last, but I am aiming my stick - not the cueball - to a point downtable that just happens to go through the cueball.

I aim my stick to where it would be on the ghost ball at contact (although I don't visualize the ghost ball), then adjust for squirve. It becomes instinctive very quickly, and gives precise things (contact point and tip) to align. It also makes me more aware and precise about tip placement on the cueball. I recommend it.

pj
chgo

Zoltor

Registered
unknownpro said:
I left off both because I think it is impossible unless the shot is dead straight with center ball.

Well that's not true, afterall how do you think people including myself pull off multi ball combos huh? If you just aimed the Cuestick, unless all the balls were perfectly lines up, you wouldn't beable to pull it off, so clearly it is very possible.

PS. On a side note, I don't know if your a pro or not, but if most poes think that to be the case, it may indeed explain why most proes downright suck at comboing any thing other then a total of 2 OBs(with the exception of trick shot pros, as they specialize in such things). The Ironic thing is, realistically the average combo shot you would have in a real game(2-3 OBs)is far easier then a 2-3 rail bank shot.

Last edited:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
unknownpro said:
Yes. You got it.

-td