Do you concede games?

Do you concede games when you're playing opponents equal to or better than yourself?

• Never, the game isn't over until all balls are down.

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Yes, it doesn't bother me to concede a game.

Votes: 100 64.5%

• Total voters

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curtis Smith said:
I don't concede games, but at times it seems like it would be okay. What burns me is the people who want to concede two, three or more balls as if to say 'these shots are so easy for me, you couldn't possibly miss those..'.

I watched a match right here on AZ Billiards tv the other day. I don't want to mention who was playing but the one player kept conceding games, sometimes 3+ balls!! Now I realize they are pros and probably wouldn't miss but come on!!!! It pissed me off just watching it. I say let the other guy shoot, give him the satisfaction of winning AND there is the chance he will miss.

Deuel vs Nevel ? lol

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
JimS said:
I heard it said that you should always concede. Never let the enemy make the game ball. It fuels optimism and confidence.

Copied from the post by Inaction (I can't figure out how to get two quoted posts in one reply) "I watched a match years ago in West Central MN between an older guy who liked to play "chess" 8-ball. Soft breaks, rolling balls around, calling safe and pocketing some balls until he was able to easily get out. His opponent was a very good player.

"Jake" missed a safety and left the table wide open. He pulled all the 12+ balls together and racked for the next game, not wanting his opponent to get into stroke."

That's what I was saying. I want to shoot it when I'm winning. It feels good. :cool:

Last edited:

Curtis Smith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the Deuel v. Nevel match had a lot of concedes but I was thinking of Mitch Ellerman, I believe.