Dont tell anyone you got a promotion

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For as long as possible. Also don't tell anyone of a 'sponsorship offer' until it is no longer an offer but a done deal.

I know people who have been screwed because they let the secret out too early and someone hears and queers the deal. People will want these things for themselves or a friend and if they have pull, you will be screwed royally.

My father gave me this advice (not specifically on sponsors of course) and i have seen him proven correct over and over in my life. Keep it under your hat for as long as possible.
 
stolz2 said:
Is this just a random piece of knowledge? Either way thanks.

Kid Mack

First of all I meant to post this in the NPR section so sorry but to answer your question.

No it isnt random- Ive been given lots of advice in my life and much of it has proven useless. I've spared you that.

This advice however was dead on absolutely. In one case I even knew a guy who got a promotion, was in the job a week and then had it taken from him and given to someone with connections.

It is normal for people to want to share good things but im telling you, keep it to yourself until you got a couple of paychecks!! Something very similar happened in the pool community in the last month or two also.
 
Back
Top