Double kiss-friend or foe?

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:D:grin-devilish:)

Or both?

How do you predict and use the kiss sending both balls to your advantage?(I'd take one)

I've seen a nice 'area' 1P shot where you double kiss a ball on the rail toward your pocket. (about 6 diamonds away/opposite side).

I can't beat the kiss to save my life-especially half table crossover banks. So if I can't beat em maybe I can learn to plan for em.

Is this something your guys mess around with on the practice table?

If there's a pattern------?

3railkick
just ramblin on
 
Anything you can learn to do on purpose is a benefit, so double-kissing would be a benefit, imho. Just like with all shots, you need to learn how to get a good double-kiss and to be able to understand the course of both balls.

As far as double-kissing on the banks, without knowing anything else I'd say you're using draw when doing a lot of banks, which slows down the cue ball at the hit and speeds up the target ball. This is one reason for a lot of the double-kissing I see myself do when shooting around. Try using top when practicing and see that you will tend to get fewer double-kisses. Also, using side spin and different speed to change angles can help avoid the problem. Hope that helps.
 
:D:grin-devilish:)

Or both?

How do you predict and use the kiss sending both balls to your advantage?(I'd take one)

I've seen a nice 'area' 1P shot where you double kiss a ball on the rail toward your pocket. (about 6 diamonds away/opposite side).

I can't beat the kiss to save my life-especially half table crossover banks. So if I can't beat em maybe I can learn to plan for em.

Is this something your guys mess around with on the practice table?

If there's a pattern------?

3railkick
just ramblin on

3RK, Here are 3 pages<1/3> of kiss shots used to control the CB playing one pocket.

CueTable Help

 
Last edited:
Back
Top